what can this be? please help.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

what can this be? please help.

so, i will try and make a long story short for you. and by the way, thank you in advance for helping me with this -- those who take the time to read my prediciment and hopefully, answering from your own experiences.

to make a long story short, i have irregular periods and always have. i've been checked out numerous times and have been told this is just me, to have them irregularly. i went 14-16 months without one before even. either way - you catch my drift. it runs in my family to say the least.

last thursday, i bent over too fast and had a sharp pain in my lower back and actually had to be carried out of the store when it happened. either way - my back pain was mostly on the right side and i was slouched to the right and my left hip was sort of pertruded out to keep the pain away as much as i could. anyway - it has now been a week, and i am worried.

my back HAS gotten better now, but it still bothers me when i move a certain way slightly. my concern is that i went to the bathroom a couple of days ago, and when i wiped myself [the front] the toilet paper was somewhat pink/orangish - not much though. it only happened once that day.

anyway, this has happened today as well. i am wondering if there is any coorelation to the two. it isn't my kidney, i dont have any stones or anything like that. maybe i am about to start my period? anyone have any reassurance for me?

Hello there,

I just read your comments. The fact that you had a sharp pain so bad
that you had to be carried out of the store when it happened would
suggest to me that you need to make a doctor's appointment.
I would take this opportunity to tell your family doctor what happened
to you and talk about any other concerns you might have. I don't want
to alarm you, but it could happen again, I mean the sudden pain in
your back.  Safe than sorry, I always say. Also be proactive. Don't wait
for another painful attack, of sorts. See your doctor. Get some answers. Eve
It could be your period.  It could also be something unrelated that caused your back pain.  If you get it again, I would definitely get it checked out.  Regarding your period, there are things you can do to get your cycle more regular.  You can take birth control pills (if you are able, some people get migraines and other things with them) or do some natural hormone assistance.  

You didn't say if you are sexually active, but if you are, I'd take a pregnancy test to just be sure.

It isn't okay to go a year without a period.  A gynecologist should be able to help you with more options.

Good luck!

Hello there,