WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
what causes pinkish discharge when pregant?
by mrsfraser, Feb 01, 2006
I am 7 weks along with 6 th baby.i had a bowel move ment this morning and then a pee.when i wiped i had pinkest discharge.i had a strong pain in lwr.adomimen be4 i went to bathroom.
what could be wrong? i just had ultra sound on monday things looked good
Member Comments (32)
by AndiJ78, Feb 01, 2006
Did the pain go away after you went to the bathroom? I know when I am pg, especially in the first trimester, that any cramp or pain sends me worrying. Chances are the pain was bowel related or stretching of ligaments/muscles.

The pink discharge could have been anything. Some women(myself included) have a sensitive cervix, so anything like sex or pelvic exams would cause me to spot for a few days.

As always, if you are concerned, put a call into your OB.

Good luck!

Andi
by oceans3, Feb 01, 2006
wow..your 6th? cheers to you!
yes, when i was pregnant and after a pelvic exam, the dr. always said there may be slight bleeding so that could be the case as andi suggested.
if it increases or you get bad cramps, it doesnt hurt to call the dr. to be safe.
by mrsfraser, Feb 01, 2006
the pains was gone afte ri used THE bATHROOM.i never had a internal done or had sex for over a week.it is just kind of weird.i don't have no more pinkish discharge now.i relaxed as much as i could today so it may help.as for calling a dr all they will say id relax and rest.i had miss carriage 6 yrs ago. thanks
by onelittleboy, Feb 01, 2006
When I was pregnant I never had any pink discharge, but I know many women that have.  It is very normal.  Now I do believe that you can call your doctor any time you are concerned, they are there for comfort.
by Jenni6485, Feb 01, 2006
Around my 7th or 8th week being pregnant I had pink discharge on the toilot paper. I thougt nothing of it because I read in a pregnancy calendar that it could happen around those weeks. I dont remimber why though... Pregnancy is a strange thing for us rookies.... No clue why, where, or how things happen, they just do.
WOW! 5 going on 6 kids... sheesh I dont see how some women do it. lol. Congratulations!:-)
by mrsfraser, Feb 02, 2006
TODAY I GOT UP I HAVE A LITTLE BROWN DISCHARGE.I AM WORRIED.I REALLY WANTED THIS BABY.I WILL CALL MY DOCTOR LATER WHEN THEY OPEN TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS.MY HUBBY SAID THIS HAPPEN WITH MY LAST BABY TOO BUT I DON'T THINK IT DID NOT AT 7 WEEKS ANYWAYS.
by mrsfraser, Feb 02, 2006
hi all i called my dr all he said was call back if i see blood and cramping.that is dumb i think
by corykis okay, Feb 02, 2006
stay calm, see what your doctor has to say! Dh might be right we sometimes forget about stuff are selves cause were so busy worrying about this pregnancy again.
by RingUser, Feb 02, 2006
When I was 8wks pg with my eldest I  had a full on period.  Try and relax if it get worse forget about the doc and just go to the er.