what causes pinkish discharge when pregant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I am 7 weks along with 6 th baby.i had a bowel move ment this morning and then a pee.when i wiped i had pinkest discharge.i had a strong pain in lwr.adomimen be4 i went to bathroom.
what could be wrong? i just had ultra sound on monday things looked good
Did the pain go away after you went to the bathroom? I know when I am pg, especially in the first trimester, that any cramp or pain sends me worrying. Chances are the pain was bowel related or stretching of ligaments/muscles.

The pink discharge could have been anything. Some women(myself included) have a sensitive cervix, so anything like sex or pelvic exams would cause me to spot for a few days.

As always, if you are concerned, put a call into your OB.

Good luck!

Andi
wow..your 6th? cheers to you!
yes, when i was pregnant and after a pelvic exam, the dr. always said there may be slight bleeding so that could be the case as andi suggested.
if it increases or you get bad cramps, it doesnt hurt to call the dr. to be safe.
the pains was gone afte ri used THE bATHROOM.i never had a internal done or had sex for over a week.it is just kind of weird.i don't have no more pinkish discharge now.i relaxed as much as i could today so it may help.as for calling a dr all they will say id relax and rest.i had miss carriage 6 yrs ago. thanks
When I was pregnant I never had any pink discharge, but I know many women that have.  It is very normal.  Now I do believe that you can call your doctor any time you are concerned, they are there for comfort.
Around my 7th or 8th week being pregnant I had pink discharge on the toilot paper. I thougt nothing of it because I read in a pregnancy calendar that it could happen around those weeks. I dont remimber why though... Pregnancy is a strange thing for us rookies.... No clue why, where, or how things happen, they just do.
WOW! 5 going on 6 kids... sheesh I dont see how some women do it. lol. Congratulations!:-)
TODAY I GOT UP I HAVE A LITTLE BROWN DISCHARGE.I AM WORRIED.I REALLY WANTED THIS BABY.I WILL CALL MY DOCTOR LATER WHEN THEY OPEN TO SEE WHAT HE SAYS.MY HUBBY SAID THIS HAPPEN WITH MY LAST BABY TOO BUT I DON'T THINK IT DID NOT AT 7 WEEKS ANYWAYS.
hi all i called my dr all he said was call back if i see blood and cramping.that is dumb i think
thanks ladies.i just worried because this is my last chance to have a baby .my hubby is getting fixed real soon.this is my 6th baby.everyone says it is twins so maybe that is why i have problems.like i said earlier my doctor just said call back if i see red blood and have cramps.i did miss carry in 2000.the Er will not see  u here in canada unless u can't see your family dr
When I was 8wks pg with my eldest I  had a full on period.  Try and relax if it get worse forget about the doc and just go to the er.
i had bleeding after bd when i was 7 wks.  now i am 10 and no bleeding since.  thank god.  relax and try not to worry.  it happens.  i hope all is ok with you.
stay calm, see what your doctor has to say! Dh might be right we sometimes forget about stuff are selves cause were so busy worrying about this pregnancy again.
by the way I am 10 weeks pregnant!! (sorry for the essay!)
Yesterday 5 mins before finishing work i popped to the ladies and when i wiped there was a tiny spot of blood and then some pinkish/nude discharge! Worried me no end and I went straight back into the office, looked it up on the internet then rnag my partner etc followed by ringing emergency out of hours nhs direct. They told me to keep an eye on it for the rest of the day. When I went home, whenever I urinated I had this pinkish/brown discharge! No cramping though.
The internet confused me as everyone was different saying it was normal and others going on to say that they miscarried! Think it has worried me more!
Anyway, new day today and I have booked an emergency appt at the doctor for this afternoon to check me uot and hopefully put my mind to rest that my baby is ok. I have had no pinkish discharge (touch wood and god forbid) so that to me is already a relief as this baby means the world to me already!
Fingers crossed! My first appt with the midwife is this Friday and then I have a dating scan 15th August!
My baby is gonna be just fine! Please god! Anyone who has had the same symptoms relieve my worries please! X Thanks
im having my 7th baby im about 6weeks and have had pink discharge a few times now but dont know what it is anyone know...
I am bout 9-10 weeks pregnant and I am visiting my parents.The only activities I did today was clean out my moms car and pick black berrys.LOL when I went to the bath room I noticed a light pinkish discharge on my pantys I freaked and called my mom at work>Im lucky she is an MA at a womans clinics ne questions I have I call her LOL. Im just worryed cuz I dont know why it is that this is happening. I had two pregnancys and both were girls and I never had this happen with either of my pregnancys. Im just gonna take it easy for the rest of the day and try to relax.
i went to the bathroom just a little bit ago, i wiped and had a light pink discharge. ive never had it before, so im kinda worried about it.

can anyone tell me what would be the most common cause for this because i keep reading about it and all i see is stuff about being pregnant, but they all are like 6-8 wks and i dont know if i even am.

if anyone could give me some help, that would be great!
thanks.
I have four children and I did not have pink anything until I lost my plug.  There was no brownish nothing.  I have 4 of my own, coached 4, and delivered my niece.  One thing I must say is "STAY ON THE OB AND MAKE HIM/HER ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS).  Your are paying them to make sure that this pregnancy is healthy, not just for the last 10 minutes of catching the bundle of joy.
did you find anything else out? id love to know. im also worried about the same issue so id like to know what happened.

:D
i had brown spotting a day after my period that was 5 days early and only lasted 3 days?? is that normal you think??now its been 34 days since i had my last period..
i am 8 weeks preggo and i found out i have a yeast infection doc wouldnt see me told me take monistat, but before i even used it i had bowel movement and found pink discharge in with the yeast discharge. are they connected or two totally diff things???? they havent scheduled my first ob appt till end of april why do i have to wait till my 2nd trimester to know anything!
i went to the rest room and when i whiped i has barly noticable but i had a light pinkish discharge,im about 7 weeks and idk if i should worry
i had 2 episodes of pink discharge at 10 weeks pregnant. once on thurs and then on sat. i phoned midwife on thurs, crying and she booked me a scan for monday. i came on here and most of the reasons were after sex which we had not had for a week, or implantation but its too late for that, or 8 weeks/ 12 weeks (the times a period would have come). was worried but found out it was quite common, but not a lot of people had said what happened later. So i had my scan at 10 weeks plus 4 days and there was a healthy heartbeat there, and i saw my baby punching, kicking and jumping. The midwife said that 98% of pink discharge cases they cannot find a reason. i suppose the other 2% must be miscarriage. So chances are it will be ok, but get an emergency scan asap just so you know.
The only bad thing was, was that they cancelled my dating scan for the week after, and i was so releived the baby was ok, i didn't look at it enough so feel i missed out, compared to when i had my son Jake.
It's definitely not a miscarriage yet if you have a pinkish discharge, it may be one later but not when its pink in colour. I had a miscarriage and it was blood. I went to the ER and got in 4 hours later yikes and had a miscarriage that night. There was lots of blood- you'd know when it was a miscarriage not just pinkish discharge. Anyways, so I don't think any worries with pinkish discharge.
I could only be about 2 weeks pregnant. I have already been experiencing nausea, dizziness, mood swings, etc. I have taken two pregnancy tests and they both were negative. I had my period a week early. It lasted 2 and a half days when it is normally 5-7 . Now I am having pinkish/brownish discharge which is not normal after my regular cycles. Could I really be pregnant????
i am about 5-6 weeks pregnant and i noticed a pink discharge yesterday and went in to the dr. I had my hcg levels tested on Sunday, 6/6 and they were 175.  They tested them yesterday and i was at 1008.  I am still having the pink discharge but they did a transvaginal sonogram yesterday.  could this cause it and are my levels normal?  ive had 2 m/c and i dont have any children.  i want this baby to be ok.  can anyone help??
Hi i had a scan yesterday day and every thing was fine pay heart beat i am seven weeks and five days pregnant when i want to toilet today had pink discharge have had pains all day i am a little worried.please help.thanx Hannah.
Hi, I came on this site looking for same answer and felt reassured after reading comments. I still contacted doctor and went for a scan. Unfortunately it was bad news for me.  I'm sure 99%of the time it is fine but I wud just urge people to get checked out just in case. X
I've been having this pinkish discharge for abt 2 or 3 days now . I'm abt 14 wks pregnant I haven't had sex or anything but I did just get over a uti . This is my very first pregnancy and I'm a little worried any suggestions ?
Hi Silv1. I am around 5-6 weeks pregnant but I might be more than that. I never had a period before I got pregnant so I can't date it (I'm still breastfeeding my first baby (10mnths). About a week ago I had a slight brownish discharge which lasted less than a day. I was getting pretty freaked out but I checked it on the internet and decided it was normal. Now this morning I woke up, went to the toilet and noticed pinkish watery discharge. There wasn't a lot but it was definitely more than the brownish one I had before. Also, I am having very slight cramping in my lower abdomen. I am terrified. This time the internet has just confused me too because people are saying different things. I am worried that because I am still breastfeeding I might actually hurt this new baby or worse than that. Last night my 10th year old breastfed a lot. I read that stimulation of the nipples can cause the uterus to contract in some women. I don't know what to do but I'm really scared. My first midwife appointment is this Friday (22nd July). Hopefully there isn't going to be anything wrong with my new baby!
Hi I'm pregnant with my third baby and I am exactly nine weeks pregnant and I went to the bathroom and found that I have pinkish discharge I'm really scared and worried is this normal?
I too had pinkish discharge when I wiped this morning 3 times but now I'm fine. I have slight cramping in my back but no abdominal cramps and I told my dr and they said "its nothing" as long as its not bright red and a moderate flow with cramps. They said go home and rest and that's what I'm doing :)
I'm 10 weeks and 5 days pregnant been spotting reddy/pink for 5 days, no pain, resting eases it, gp just said to rest....I'm not sure what to think sometimes there when I go for a wee and sometimes not, had Uribe tested and was fine, any thoughts would be much appreciated :/ xx