what my Dr said about a baby after depo!
Well I went to see my Dr about TTC. My last depo was in October.
He said that counting January he was going to give me 6 months to get pregnant
If nothing happened I would go back to see him and we would talk about what to do to
Make it happen. He wants me to take a home pregnancy test once every 3 weeks. And if once should show + then I would go in right away to have an ultrasound done to determine when I would be due, because I have not had a period since January.
Has anyone here gotten pregnant months after depo WITHOUT getting a period?
Also a friend told me about asking my Dr to jump start my period. Has anyone had that done after depo? If so what did they give ya
Depo make it very hard to get pregnant.  Many women take well over a year to get pregnant after depo.  While there is a slight possibility to get pregnant before you have a period (ie. you ovulate, and are therefore due to get your period, but do not because you instead get pregnant), it is not very likely.  I would request the doctor put you on provera.  That is what will jumpstart your period and get you back on track.  I honelsty don't understand why your doctor would not have done this.  I would ask him about it.  It cannot hurt.
my friend got pregnant while on depo so anything seems possible
I got PG on Depo and miscarried due to Depo intoxication each time. Not only did that happen I still miscarried after 12 months OFF Depo. All m/c's were proven to be due to Depo provera. I can say that you are lucky to have you doc....most won't touch you till 12 months or more. i was like you and got help right after. the problem is that you need to consider a higher miscarriage rate in the first 12-18 months after. Also Depo can have hidden fertility issues that you won't know till you get there. You doc can give you birth control to help regulate your cycles after your periods have returned. most women can expect to get their cycle back the first year off and then take another year to ovulate after they settle down.

if you would like to know more information about what has happened to me and other women on Depo and what you can do to get the show on the road e-mail me at ***@****

love.....kimmie
It took me a year and six months to get pregnant after the depo.  sadly i had a m\c and have not gotten preg. since
I to am also a previous subsciber to Depo. I stayed on the shot for 3 years after my second child.I decided to try again and after six months w/o a cycle I went to my gyn whom also prescibe provera.It did induce my cycle for month 1, but afterwards I didn't have another cycle until 4 months later. I'm thinking finally......back to normal. Haa! Currently, one month late w/o a postive pregnancy test. This is after a year off Depo.
Hi I am new here maybe someone can help me out. Back in 1996 I was placed on the depo after I had my 1st child and I came off in the summer of 1997. It took a 6 months to a year for my menustration to get back to normal.  But since then I havent been able to get pregnant.  I havent seen a doc about fertility treatment just yet. I dont know what else to do. Everytime I went for a pap it always showed inflammation but then normal. Me and  my boyfriend decided to take things into our own hands we had sex everyday for 30 days some times 2 to 3 times a day. Still nothing. For the month of March my period stayed on for 2 weeks!!! Whats the deal?? Do the depo shot makes some woman pregnant!!! Please help what should I do I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE ANOTHER CHILD BEFORE MY SON TURNS 18!!