what the heck is it

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

what the heck is it

okay so i know that i have had infections down there but not like this! i have like chunky smelly stuff coming out! its the chunky that is really scaring me! what could it be? i have antibiotics from infections before i should i take those?
Never take antibiotics for things that the medicine was not prescribed for.  Ever.

Chunky discharge sounds like a yeast infection.  Go back to the doctor for these new symptoms and get diagnosed.  Don't take antibiotics - they won't help a yeast infection anyways.

Good luck!
I agree that chunky "cottage cheese" like discharge is consistant w/a yeast infection.
Antibiotics can cause yeast infections quite often. Did you recently take these for something? Antibiotics are to treat infections caused by viruses. Yeast infections are an abundance of a bad bacteria that overtakes your body. Eating yogurt, as they have live cultures, can often prevent this from happening, especially while taking atiobitics. I would go to the doc if this is your first yeast infection. There are over the counter 3 day meds that you can buy to treat this as well.

wow, thats some heavy stuff !!!   i wandered on this forum
and clicked on this post not knowing i was WAY outta my leage !
i do have a question about the connection between this kind of
yeast, and CANDIDA ?  just curious if anyone knows.    l.e.
Leif, you poor dear.  This is not quite the best thread to stumble upon and read.  It's not as pleasant as hanging gardens.  :-)
wow, your quick !!!            l.e.
wow and this is what you read. its a horrible thing us gals have to deal with.

definatly go to the dr and get properly treated. antibiotics are prescribed for a specific infection. if you take the wrong ones you wont help yourself out at all!
vaginal yeast infections are a form an "candida".  welcome to the dark side of medhelp :)  what a post to stumble upon, tho!  hanging gardens sounds like a lot more fun lol
You mentioned you've had infections before - but have they been diagnosed yeast infections by your doctor? Because if not, you should go & have them test if it's yeast or not.... If you are convinced it's a YI, def. get the monistat 7 (like sparkeler said) and to help you out - you can take Probiotic Acidophilous pills - this is the live culture that is found within yogurt. When I have a Y, I take 2 a day... Hopefully this clears up for you asap!
there are two prior posts telling to NOT take antibiotics for the yeast infection.
Sorry, I just reread the original post...somehow I had gotten the impression that she had been prescribed antibiotics for a yeast infection before....but it really just says an infection, not yeast...thanks.
you're welcome :)  so much to read, so little time.
so should i eat yougurt? That will help????
Have you ever been diagnosed with a yeast infection before?  If so buy some Monistat 7.  That cures most vaginal yeast infections.  I don't think eating yogurt will get rid of your discharge.
Did I miss something?  Do they ever actually prescribe antibiotics for a yeast infection?  To my knowledge, antibiotics are the culprit of many yeast infections...Many times that I am prescibed antibiotics, I ask them for a prescription for Diflucan as well...and they have NEVER declined it.  Someone steer me the right way, I'm confused!
I think you're right about that, both from personal experience and what my doctor and others on this forum have said... the 1 & 3 day treatments just don't cut it...
You are very accurate.