when ttc can you bd too often ?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

when ttc can you bd too often ?

I am new here, I had my mirena removed 07.08.10 and we are trying to have #4.  We bd everyday but I was wondering if that could effect me being able to conceive.  I have heard from some that you should only bd every other day or every couple of days when you ovulate.  So my question is there such thing as too much sex while trying to conceive ?
Yes, every day can deplete the sperm count.  Every other day or even every third day is plenty.
It depends on the man really. If he has normal healthy sperm and count, it shouldn't matter too much. If he doesn't it will deplete his count making it harder. I have read some studies that say that doing it every day may deplete sperm count some but it increases the chances that more good healthy sperm are the only one getting thru. In other words, his count may go down but only the bad ones decrease and there are still plenty of good swimmers available. There is alot of research online that might be helpful. Good luck!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals