why do i still get my period when i'm pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

why is that im still getting my period when im pregnant
I saw your first post and it was not clear that you are pregnant.  Have you taken a pregnancy test and got a positive result?  It is very unusual to get you period when you are pregnant.  If you are very early in your pregnancy (about a month), you may get your period because your progesterone levels are rising, but not enough to completely stop your period. This should only happen at the very beginning of your pregnancy and it may be lighter than usual.  Unfortunately, many women think they are getting their periods when in fact they are having a misacarriage or chemical pregnancy.  If you are getting your period right on time each month then you are not pregnant. If you are 100% certain that you are pregnant, but are having bleeding you should at the very least call your DR.
I just went back and read your first post.  Don't assume you're pregnant just because you had unprotected sex.  And missing a period every once in a while is not that unusal.  You only have a 20%-25% chance of getting pregnant each month.
Comparing you 2 posts it sounds like you are not sure if you are pg or not. I think it is time to get a pg test to find out for sure. The stress of wondering what is wrong with you can be enough to throw off your cycle.
i did pregnancy test 2 days after my eriod day and the digital test said i am pregnant, after 7 days i am getting my period, it means i have just had a miscarriage or sign of other thing that you get on your 1st tremestre??its not heavy no pain, have all symptons hen you are pregnant, help m to undertand?