why does my vagina smell like onions?
I have been smelling like onions for the past 2 years and I have had tests to check for bacteria infections are Im all clear.  What I have been wondering is if drinking alot of alcohol or wine can cause you to produce this smell?  I have also noticed that one of my girlfriends has the same order with her armpits and she also drinks alot of wine.  Not sure of the main cause but how to mask the issue should be addressed.
Trying to mask the smell with perfumes or anything scented will more than likely make the problem worse. Perhaps you should try a different diet. Drinking water is a good body cleanser. I'm not sure what brings this on as I've had this happen to me a few times. It hasn't lasted as long as you say yours has but I find it's something I have to let ride out. I notice that I'll have that smell right before I get a yeast infection--not sure if there is a link. After I get my period though, it goes away.

Have you expressed this to your GYN doc? I would mention it because I recall how it bothered me to have that smell for no apparent reason. Also, if there is an increase in vaginal discharge it could have an adverse reaction with your clothing and underwear. IDK. To mask it, the best thing I can think of is to where a panty liner if your out and about or doing something strenous.
You know what, I was just doing some reading up on this topic from old posts here and some info from the net and it seems that this can either just be your smell or a form of bacterial vaginosis. I was under the impression that BV had a fishy smell with it but apparently not. This would explain to me now why right after I treat a yeast infection I have to turn around and treat a BV infection...anyway, hope this helps.
eat a lot of yogurt. that will help.

get a sterile bucket with very warm salted water, sit OVER it with a warm towel wrapped around your waist so the heat wont escape. do this every day for a week and see what happens