why does my vision go black for a few seconds?
hi im wondering if someone could help me. im 15 years old and the past year my vision keeps going black for about 4 or 5 seconds.. i have bipolar disorder and im supposed to be on medicine but i refuse to take it because i feel i  dont need it anymore as ive been on it for atleast 4years. i dont know if that is the case.. also i have an unbalanced diet right now, i havnt been eating well and have lost alot of weight =/ if someone can please write back it would be helpful :)
If you dont eat your blood sugar will drop and cause you to "black out". When you feel like your vision is going eat something sweet see if it helps. You should also take your meds. you are not an MD and you sound as though you really need your medication. NOT EATING IS A PHYSIOLOGICAL PROBLEM BIPOLAR DISORDER IS PERMANENT I KNOW FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE
thanks for the reply, i shall try eating something sweet next time it happens. about my medication, ive been in hospital 3times and last time i was in hospital was last year, august - october. since then i have felt great even my phyciatrist says so. shes away on maternity leave the now so ive decieded to not take my medication and things have been fine -moodwise. when she gets back i'll talk to her about it but i really beleave i dont need it. the only reason my appetite has not been good was because i went on something called olanzipine and that made me put on alot of weight since ive been of ive lost my appetite aswell, but hopefully try get a dieticean to help me with that:). but i really appreicate the advice :)
Also make sure you're drinking plenty of fluids because dehydration can also cause the dizziness/blacking out feeling. This sometimes happens to me after I have been sitting down a while then stand up. It's called orthostatic hypotension - low blood pressure upon standing.
thanks, i dont drink as much fluids as i should be drinking so that should help :)
my eyes do this verry often just likei t happens to you evry so often but i get it evry day 3-10times a day letely and its been scaring me i found a disorder online that is called amaurosis fugax u should check it out it says that  this blacout thing we have could b a side effect and in the future we could go completely blind or we could have an impending stroke its scary i know but i havent been to the doctor  yet so i cant give you any updates if you get one pleasewrite back