Women's Health Community
why is my vagina very dry?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

why is my vagina very dry?

ok i have had tonsillitis for the past 5 days and anyway about 4 days ago i had a bath and used soap around the outside of my vagina, i may have got some inside by accident but i'm not sure. the next day it was sore, a lil swollen and very dry.. i had another bath and cleaned myself with just water and tried to get any soap out. some of it came out. after this it was still dry etc.

i think that the soap is probably irritating my vagina and it is nothing serious because its not hurting anymore, its not itching and it isnt swollen anymore. but it is still very dry

i tried masturbating the other night to make me wet, after this usualy i would become wet but it seemed like the lubrication didnt exit me properly? i really dont know! it all seems normal, except for the fact its dry.

if i keep cleaning with water everyday will it become lubricant again in time?

please help if this makes some sense to you
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
is anyone going to give me an answer? please??
Blank
553405_tn?1215232537
sounds like you could be allergic to the soap you use, and the vagina is a sensitive area or it could be antibiotics that is if you were you on antibiotics for the tonsillitis, I know antibiotics have dried me out for a little while (not for very long).  

If you are really worried you should go and see your gynecologist or family GP.
Blank
i know i'm not allergiv to the soap because ive used it before and nothing like this has happened, but ill stop using it just in case. also, i havnt been on any antibiotics besides asprins ?? and im not allergic to them either.

sigh, i dnt no wats wrong?

also lately ive had very thick clear stuff but not much at all, and it doesnt smell too bad but not what it normaly smells like. i know its not a STD.
Blank
554044_tn?1215318291
You should really really use body wash, not soap. They are just as good, but soap tends to really dry your skin, esp if your using it down there hun. Try something like softsoap, or suave...it might make a HUGE difference. good luck
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank