will our new health insurance cover me if I am already pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

My husband and I just moved to a new state where he has started a new job and won't get insurance for 90 days. we just found out a few weeks ago that I am pregnant and we have no health insurance, will his new health insurance witch starts in 90 days and is blue cross blue shield cover me if i am already pregnant?
It just depends.  Most insurance companys will still cover you.  You may consider getting on COBRA until you find out for certain.  My DH is about to take a new job and that was the first thing I made him find out about beofre he accepted it.  BTW, congrats on the pregnancy!
i just got switched to dh's insurance and i was fine.  we both had keystone east though so i dont know if thats why.
Blue Cross Blue Shield is a pretty big insurance company.  You should be able to go to their website and find out or call them.  Nowadays, pregnancy is not considered a pre-existing condition, but some insurance companies are still living in the dark ages.  You'll have to ask someone in his human resources department or call the insurance company yourself.
so as long as pregnancy isn't a pre-exsisting condition then they will cover me even if i didn't have insurance before i got pregnant?
There is no way to know except to ask the insurance company.  The rules vary, and how are we to know what your insurance company does or does not cover?

Hope you get good news!
My husband has BCBS and they covered me and he just switched insurance in Jan 06 I got pregnant in Mar 06. Their maternity coverage has a $2500.00 deductible in my state (North Carolina). They said it would be due after delivery.  Anything over the $2500.00 they pay..  supposedly. Thats what customer service told me anyway.  I would call the BCBS in your state and ask them.
I live in TX and BCBS covered my pg I got pg in the 90 day wait period..
As far as the copays and deductibles and such, the employer determines that. It's whatever the employer wants to cover.  Some policies do not cover maternity at all.  I don't know what state you are in but calling BlueCross would be your best bet.  I currently work for a Blue Cross plan and get confused by what is covered and not.  Asking the source in this case is the best policy.  

Good luck.
I went thru the same situation almost.  My husband was getting laid off the end of March and I found out I was pregnant about the 2nd week into March.  We now are on Cobra for 3 months until he is able to get insurance thru his new job (their was a 90 day wait). They said as long as their was not a gap in our coverage that I would be covered.
I live in NC too.  Thats a big deductable I guess it depends on the plan too.  I dont have any deductables and I only had to pay $20.00 copay for everything. But now I have cobra and I hope it still holds up till I get my new insurance.  I dont know If I will have to pay then or not.  So where in NC do you live...if you dont mind me asking?
The exact same thing happened to me and I have Blue Cross Blue Shield and they took me on even though he had to wait 90 days.  I live in Florida and we have BCBS of Alabama.
so you had blue cross blue shield and they took you even though you were already pregnant and had no insurance when you got pregnant. that makes me feel a lot better thanks. i will call the help line number i just found just to make sure they will cover me. it's nice to be 100% sure.
thanks everyone for the advice. I called human resources today because i found the number and they said pregnacy is Not considered a pre-exsisting condition. that is great news.
Hey,
I live in Wilmington, NC actually. My BCBS plan is a PPO. A group policy.  I called customer service to make sure I was covered for maternity and thats what she told me a $2500 deductibe for maternity care. I thought it was a lot too, and asked her do our monthly payments count toward that?  No, a balloon payment at the end or as I go as long as it totals $2500.00 that I pay and they pay the rest..  I didn't like it either but what to do?  Where do you live in NC?
I live in Linden, NC...small town its near Ft. Bragg Airforce Base.