Women's Health Community
withdrawal bleed
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

withdrawal bleed

How long does withdrawal bleed last once you stop birth control, I stupidly stopped mid-cycle not thinking of messing up my hormones and started to bleed two days later. Should I get a normal period around when I was supposed to or will it be another withdrawal bleed? I'm trying to find out because I want to get pregnant again, and I don't know when I will ovulate again. I was only on  b/c for two and a half month and it was Aviane a combination b/c...one more question...why do doctors not feel the need to discuss what exactly birth control does and what it will do to your body? I wasn't told it would stop ovulation and this is my first time on it, I would have rather used condoms so I could actually try to get pregnant whenever I wanted to, not have to wait for my body to "recover".
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
you might get your regular period  and you m ight not  but withdrawl (withdrawal) bleeding should only last a couple days tops you should only have withdrawl (withdrawal) bleed once then your normal period and then you would ovulae normally

also if your trying to concive you should start ovualting normally  a month or two after you are off the pill but it can take up too 6 mnths
Blank
676912_tn?1332816151
Thank you for the info, I have started a journal to help me keep sane, and for advice and information for anyone who is trying to conceive after birth control, I'm going to continue updating in hopes that someone out there in my shoes can see they are not alone, and I am willing to give support and hope to others...
Blank
good luck hope you concive soon
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979