worried and dont know what to do

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

worried and dont know what to do

i know this isnt in the right topic area but i didnt know where else to put it. is it possible for a tampon to get stuck/lost inside you?? i think mine might have and im really scared and dont know what to do....i would go t the doctor but i dont have health insurance...
There is no where for it to go except out.  The tampon isn't going to go into your cervix so if it is in your vagina you should be able to feel it.  Why do you think you have a tampon stuck in you?  If there is nothing in there and you were thinking that because of an abnormal smell or something then you need to go to the doctor because you probably have an infection.
no sounds silly but i had one in one night and went out drinking and i dont remember taking it out and the next morning i went to take it out and it wasnt there but i really appreciate you answering my question makes me feel a lot better ive been worrying about it for a couple days
You might check the archives on this too, the question has been posted a couple of times in the last 6 months or so and the ladies who had the problem were describing noticeable smell, not gross but bloody.  That wouldn't happen for a while, though.  The vagina is indeed just a cul-de-sac for something as big as a tampon, so if it is in there it is not going anywhere else, as the earlier poster said.
so if it isnt in there i would have had to take it out for sure...right?
If it isn't in your vagina, then you took it out or it fell out. There's nowhere else for it to go :-)
Once a tampon gets so "full"  it will come out. I'd say if you had a drink or two you woke up for the pee half of us don't even remember, and it came out on it's own or you pulled it out. Also when you drink you bleed more. I'd say it filled up faster and came out when you p'd.
this is my only caution, do not insert another tampon before you know for sure that your last has come out, it will only make it harder to try to get it out if it is in there
well i cant feel it in there thats why i was worried it went up farther inside me
It is possible for a tampon to become lodge inside you ,but it will not get lost. I know this because it happened to me once. I forgot that I had inserted one and then inserted another, but you can take it out and to check to see if one is left in you, simply go to a health clinic and ask for a pair of gloves or wash your hands really good and then squat and use your index and middle finger to slowly insert in the vagina, as you insert your fingers push (as if your going to the toilet) so that your vaginal muscles will push anything that may be in side you. You should be able to feel if there is a tampon and if there is one you can pull it out. Just be sure to relax and take your time.
Actually, a friend of mine went to sleep overnight with her tampon in, and it"disappeared" as she said. She went to the e.r. and appearently when us sleep and are having your period, your uterous contracts and sucks the tampon up. She said that they had to open her up and pull the tampon out, but she said that the nurse who did it for her told her that this is very common, and that they always get woen in the e.r. who "lose" their tampons inside of themselves.
Yeah i got drunk a few nights ago, and i was on my period, and i thought i took mine out, so i put another one in but it hurt really bad, like the other one was still in and  so i took the one i just put in out, but i couldnt find the other one.... my area down there feels really tight and hurts when i out a tampon in...
I know this sounds stupid but I had sex over 2 weeks ago and I cannot remember if I took my tampon out.  I have no odor or smell.  I am on the birthcontrol pill and I have broke thru and started bleeding in the middle of my pills so I got scared.  i know they say when a tampson is stuck inside you have a bad odor but I do not.  Does anyone have any advice to help me feel better?
I know this sounds stupid but I had sex over 2 weeks ago and I cannot remember if I took my tampon out.  I have no odor or smell.  I am on the birthcontrol pill and I have broke thru and started bleeding in the middle of my pills so I got scared.  I know they say when a tampson is stuck inside you have a bad odor but I do not.  Does anyone have any advice to help me feel better?
please answer asap
okay so i went to a water park and my tampon was in and a ride that like shoved water up you i went on. and like i went to the bathroom to get it out and it was gone. i told my friends theysaid it probably just came out. and nothing happend everthing was normal. about a week ago i had sex and ever since its a really bad smell. no pain. just a really bad smell. how do i make this go away without the docter.
how do i make the smell go away.. HELP!!!
okayy so heres another story similar to you guys...i was drinking one night, obviously i had my period at the same time and before i went to bed i put in a tampon while a lil drunk and the next morning i went to the bathroom and it wasnt there! so now its been almost a week since this has happened and it toook me a while to somewht feel it mybe to one side thn whtever but anyways its been a week and my kidneys hurt and my adomin and i jst strtd having fevers but the thing is tht im in europe not w. my real family and id be wayy to embarrassed to say anything abt it...its not sooo severe but waking up is a ***** but the other thing is tht peeing doesnt hurt at all its normal. please give me your advice...thnks
I need help..  A couple of days ago i thought I put a tampon in and later on during the day i went to the washroom and when i went to take out the tampon i thought i had put in it wasn't there.  Since this occurance i have been having severe stomach pains, diarrhea, i brake out in sweats, and can't sleep.  Am I just over reacting?  I am way to embarrased to go to the doctor if there isn't really anything wrong.  How long should i continue to suffer.  COuld it be something else?  I have no idea and im in a lot of pain.  If anyone has any suggestions i am up to anything..Thanks!!  
if either of you are legitimately feeling feverish, having diarrhea, etc, you should definitely go to the doctor.  these are symptoms of toxic shock syndrome.  look it up online to find more info.
Yeah the same thing is happening to me at the moment. I got pretty drunk on the weekend and it was the last day of my period. I had sex with my boyfriend and I don't remember if I took my tampon out.  I know it's gross, but I've felt around and didn't feel anything.  I'm really scared that it's stuck right up the top. What should I do? Today I've felt feverish and dizzy, but I don't know if it's just cos I have a cold.... Ahhhh!
ohkay so i had a tampon in, and well  being on my period and all me and my boyfriend werent exactly going for vaginal intercourse and well it kinda happened i think and uhm yeah im prettty sure my tampons in me like kinda up there i was told it cant go past your cerv but it needs to get out asap any suggestions on how to get this thing outt i tried with my hand to find the string or something to pull it out and well i didnt feel anything but i feel it there cause it hurts.
yeah im not down with this so someone helpp mee nowww.
what can i do to help make it come out WITHOUTT A DOCTOR.
If you can't get the tampon out yourself, by squatting and pushing as if you're going to the bathroom, while feeling for it with your fingers, then you have to see a doctor.  And if you have a fever and diarrhea, it's quite possible that you have toxic shock syndrome.  You can read about it on any tampon box, and it can be fatal.  Gynos see this all the time, you have nothing to be ashamed of.  
I am going through the same thing... I had my period two weeks ago and my stomache has been sore and I have been tired and my lower back hurts. A few days ago I notice a smell which struck me funny because Ive never had a smell downt here so I called my doctor and the nurse told me to use a womens wash if the smell dont go away call back. I said ok well today I was in the bathroom and I felt something coming out which totally  freaked me out and a tampon came out. It wasnt
"bloody" it was clean. So I took a shower and cleaned up and there is still a smell its alittle stronger now. And my stomache is also still sore so is my back and i feel like i gotta vomit. my question is my doctors full up till thursday....should I wait this long or should I go to the ER asap?
Take the advice you've been given about going to the ER if you have symptoms of toxic shock syndrome - that's a medical emergency. For the others who have been unsuccessful in retrieving a lost tampon - if you can't push and fish it out get your bf or parnter etc to try, they have longer fingers and don't have to get their arm at an awkward angle to try and pull it out. Otherwise ask your mum or a girlfriend to try if you're not too embarrassed, I'd prefer a doctor myself if my hubby couldn't get it.

Okay, so last month for the first time in YEARS, I decuded to use a tampon (I hate them!) because I REALLY wanted to go swimming. It has been 40 days since my last period and I KNOW I am not pregnant and I was just thinking "oh no, what if it is STUCK up there and I forgot to take it out cuz I am not USED to taking one out??" There would be some period blood coming out anyway, right? A small tampon could not block everything from a normal flow, huh?? My period may be late because I had major surgery 5 months ago and it has been all over the map! The time before this, I got my period after only 19 days! Please tell me there isn't a tampon stuck! I think I would feel bad, dor, etc., right?

Thanks!
I also had sex while on my period and i dont remember if i took the tampon out. it only happened a few days ago. and i dont really want to go to the doctor for it. can anyone offer some help? please? thanks
HELPPP...i had my period for 6 months but i dont have it now. i inserted a tampon when i didnt have my period today to c if i liked my new tampons n i noticed the strin was rolled up after i inserted my tampon and it was gone...i tried my finger and tweezes i even triend scisors n it didnt work...i really scared to tell anyone and im panicing cause i dont want to go to the docters...i even tried pissing to c if it would come out n i just cant seem to get it

HELP ME PLEASE IM SCARED TO DEATH!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a tampon on last night, and i fell asleep in the afternoon cause i havent been getting much sleep, and i slept for 13 HOURS.. this morning my tampon is GONE!! what do i do?!?!?!?!
Ok so I went out drinking last night and I cant remeber if I took my tampon out . . . I have been racking my brain all day but just cant remember. It was the last day of my period so it was very light. I am just not sure if I took it out when i was drunk :o/ I have inserted 2 fingers while squatting and baring down but i cant feel anything - does this mean that I took it out if I cant feel anything? HELP! I am really worried and dont want to go to my doctor if there is nothing there  . . . I would appriciate all comments

i had no idea that I had a tampon inside of me.  Thought it was out, put another one in, took that one out, had sex at least 3 times with my husband, on 4th day, felt nauses and had odor.  went to potty (bowel movement) and felt something emerging from my vagina at the same time!  I freaked out and because it was brown, like my bowels, I grabbed a wire hanger to push on the foreign object that came out of my vagina.  It def was a tampon.  also, I had finished with my period 3 days before and was freaked out that on the 3rd day, I started bleeding again.  I was completely shocked that I was able to push a tampon out of me after it was inside of me for 3 days.  should I get antibiotics to flush out infection?  I cant imagine a foreign object inside of you for 3 days & not have side effects.  help!
This happened to me twice.
One time I put basically 2 in at the same time and didn't notice. The other time was I was drinking and had sex with my tampon in and 2 days later realized I didnt take it out.(I got it out easily)

Try pushing as to go pee and feeling around. It should come out then, but if it doesn't come out go see a doctor because it could be a very serious problem. Also, as to the odor it's because of the tampon being in there so long and if the smell doesn't go away after a few days go see a doctor.
can u help i think iv got tampax inside off me bout 2 weeks ago iv had sex does not hurt do u think i would no if 1 was there please help
please,please help me!
im only 13, i just started my period last month, and now i have it this month. i inserted a tampon, earlier today, i went to the bathroom, inserted another tampon. i dont remember if i took  the first one out or not. i dont feel anything, but i havent been able to sleep. that is why i am up at 4:00 in the morning typing this! there is no odor. i tryed to feel with finger if there was a tampon there, but i didnt feel anything. i dont know what i should do! i am only 13, and i am new to this, i dont want to go to the doctors! PLEASE,PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!
Omg. Thanks for this post. I read someones helpful story that suggested getting gloves and checking up there yourself. This was probably my grossest experience dealing with my vagina. I went out drinking last Friday and I believe I had sex w/. a tampon on I don't remember I was wasted. Next morning I woke up and put a tampon in since I thought I could have possibly taken out my last one. So a few days pass by and I notice a very awful smelling discharge. I thought how strange and I took another shower. On top of that I've had diariah for the past few days and today was more worse than the others. I finally couldn't take the smell nor the running to the bathroom. And I hopped in the shower and took a feel around there myself, and of course there was the tampon. I couldn't believe and I can't believe how man days I went w/ that in me.

Should I douche or anything? Go to the doctors? I've never dealt w/ this before. And I want the smell gone for good.
wrong, my friend got a tampon lost inside of her for almost two weeks and didnt realize it.
she was on vacation in florida, and started her period just as she was about to go to a water park.
she used a tampon, then while going down a water ride it got pushed up.
I had a girl friend that this happened to, she was unaware that it had happened.The odor was over whelming, this was sometime ago and if memory serves I believe that I actually felt it there and removed it for her.
I don't know, and no one has mentioned but I am curious, couldn't this cause toxic shock and if left there for a long period of time?
What is toxic shock syndrome (TSS)?

TSS is a rare bacteria caused illness occurring mostly in menstruating women who use high absorbency tampons. Non-menstrual TSS risk is increased for women who use vaginal barrier contraceptive methods (such as the diaphragm), although the incidence is much lower.
What causes TSS?

The main cause of TSS is a strain of staph, the bacterium Staphylococcus Aureus. Hyperabsorbent tampons may facilitate the infection because their prolonged intra-vaginal use enhances the bacterial growth. Wearing a diaphragm or sponge for more than 24 hours is not recommended because of possible risk of TSS.
What are the symptoms?

Symptoms of TSS occur suddenly: a high fever (102°F, 38.8°C or higher), vomiting, diarrhea, a sunburn-like rash, red eyes, dizziness, lightheadedness, muscle aches and drops in blood pressure, which may cause fainting. The infection can cause shock, kidney and liver failure. These symptoms require prompt medical evaluation.
How is it treated?

If TSS is suspected, hospitalization is recommended. Intravenous fluids and antibiotics will be administered.
Can it be prevented?

You can reduce the risk of TSS by alternating your tampon or internally worn products with pads. Use a tampon with the minimum absorbency needed to control your flow. Review the information on absorbency of your tampon brand. Change the tampon or internally worn product as directed. If you have ever been diagnosed with TSS, you should not use tampons.
What should I do if I suspect TSS?

At the first sign of a fever or rash, remove tampon immediately - as this may help prevent your symptoms from worsening. Seek medical care immediately.
For a start... we don't all want to know about your diarrhea especially whilst eating my tuna fish. Your saying that you smell so why don't you take a bath and use vagina wash. you can buy vagina wash from lush. it is a good price and should help your fishy fanny. Hope i have been of some use. BELLENDS!!! hasta la vista baby!!.
look ###1
to look for,, is a {stank *** smell}
and theres also the brownish black discharge which is comming from the blood soaked tampon left in you,
and yes occasional UTI's
the way to0 get it out if its not too fAR up in your baby canal, is by taking your fingers and go fishing for the lost emerald ((perferably in the shower )) and BAM!! you'll find it !
take it from me no lies Mc geee ive my self experienced this **** myself
yeah a lil embarrissing but **** it -dont wear tampons then ,,and try not to have drunk,high,or hallucenagetic sex
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;and thats how i got the cotton stick out my vag peacccceee out !!;;;;;;;;;;;;
I just had one in me for a week. I had sex after drinking one night last week and it just came out today. I told my boyfriend there was one in there and he said he hadnt felt one. He too had been drinking. I was real regular today and I went to the bathroom tonight and felt it coming out.
Hi i have the same fear, my memory is so bad , that i can't remember, that i forgot one in there or not. Makes me paranoid. I can't feel it, but i noticed, that the sex with my fiance, feels different than before! But i am too embarrassed to go to the doctor. And even if i would, getting an apapointment with her can take weeks. *scared* Miriam  
why are you eating a tuna sandwich reading about this subject if it grosses you out so much. people can write what they'd like. you dont have to read it!
I am freaking out...I went out drinking with friends last night and got wasted.  I can't remember if I put a tampon in or not.  I said I did last night(while drunk), but I don't remember at all.  I had sex a couple times, so it may be pushed up very far.  I don't have health insurance, so I don't want to go to the doctor and have a huge bill if there isn't even one up there.  I tried "fishing" it out by pushing and I didn't feel anything.  What should I do?  I'm pretty positive there is one in there and I'm very scared!
I thought the same but I Stuck my fingers n side so many times I took a bath pushed n still I fill nothing so I hope I just forgot to put one n
ok i had my period a few weeks ago im normally a heavy bleeder so i dnt use lights 2 often anyway my last period was breezy so i used a light and it totally wasnt there anymore so i figured i must have taken it out i've had sex a few times since then n a few days ago after sex i got really sick and felt like i was having cramps well tonight i wake up to go to the bathroom and notice a really bad smell and i felt funny so i look down n theres i tampon im freaking out because i dont have the money to see the doctor but omg 3 weeks and sex!!!!!!!! am gonna die!!!!!!! so can any1 give me any advice on somewhere i can go or something i can do to make sure im ok?
hi iv recently had sex while having a tampon in... i for got nd my bf didnt feel anything up there ....but wen i feel up there i can feel it but its too far for me to pull out wat do i do without seeing a dr.?????
Ok im going throughthe sme thing...Saturday i got drunk and went to pee at the club and the tampon was poof. gone! I was drunk so i didnt even mind or bother...I started to get worried 2 days later...Went to the drs after 4 days he visually check, clamped me open..put his fingers and felt throughout the whole of my cervix...stil never found anything. Am i going crazy? Or could it have fell out maybe? I stayed there for long i wasnt budgiting. Im very paranoid when it comes to my body.
Soooo now i think im goin nuts? I was thinkin of goin to the hosp but the dr had re assured me that he can GUARANTEE and BET me that there is nothing there. ??????????
hi i have just noticed i had a tampon in, i dont no if it was from yesterday morning or this morning, i am worried now and the more i get worried the worse i feel, wot should i do
i got drunk about 5 months ago thought i left a tampon in but nothin ever came out and i didnt feel anything inside me so i didnt thank anything more of it and went about my life. i have had a bad smell evey sence but i dush and it dosent go away thats the only problem thats been consencent it hurts when i have sex with my husband alot but not all the time and i get pains right below my stomice bad ones some dsys. So any ways eveyone says it cant go in your cervic but i finally found it its the right shape i can feel it inside me with my fingers but its not cotten im feelin the tampon is behind skin inside me i realy thank its in my cervics its behind the meet way up in me im lookin for a open to get to it but theres not one im worried after 5 months its grown to me inside of me im going to the er as soon as my grandmother gets back today to watch my kid but im freakin out any one got anything to say to make me feel better till then i would love u mins not like u guys its been there through other periods and a lot of sex im so scared they might hafe to cut me opean to get it:(
Hey, I've had the same problem with the whole lost tampon thing. I put it in one afternoon and when I went to take it out that night, there was no string. I searched around and I thought maybe what I felt was my tampon but then could never grab a hold on it. I didn't do anything overnight. When I woke up I searched again and didn't feel anything in there. I was able to put another tampon it and nothing hurt or anything. I took out and I still had no pains. I think that maybe the night before it had come out because it was really "full" but I'm not positive. Any advice on what to do without going to a doctor or anything?
i had a heavy period and i used a small slim tampon and purposely left it in for half a day because i had nothing else to change it with but then when i went to take it out i couldnt find a string so i had a feel up there and looked with the string squatted and tryed to find it but i just cant feel anything, i am so certain that i never took it out is it possible that it is still up there and i just couldnt feel it up there??? should i go to the docotors??, im only young and dont know what to do
Last night I was over at my mans house with our friends around just for drinks and a good time. After everyone left, my man and I continued drinking a bit more before bad. Early that afternoon I took a shower. Was my last day for periods so I just inserted one just in case. We have never had sex in the tv room so we decided we should. We had rough sex and after the first round, I was in so much pain! I couldn't carry on. I even cried! That's how bad it was. Reading these stories gives me confidence to go see a doctor so they can help me because if I don't, I won't have the best sex eveer again. I'm too afraid to do it now while knowing I have a tampon lost in me! I don't know if I can do it myself.there is no oddur or anything. Can I damage anything if I leave it there?it scares me!
you are all nasty ******!
I've been sexually active and one time my boyfriend went a lil to deep and ever since than when we have intercourse it hurts and I start to bleed and have black discharge. My kidneys have started hurting and especially my stomach pains on both sides.
Doctor suggested I take a pregnancy test, I've tooken 5 and all are negative..
Anybody ever experienced this , im young and scared to go to the doctor.
Ok! I get it, This kind of situation happens  more often than we thought. I had the same experience happen to night , now I am looking for advise and  there is not even a real single  one.
I am going to the gyn tomorrow and hopefully it all will be ok.
Well I just need to post this as I was worried I had a tampax stuck inside me for just over a wk now, I was starting to smell bad down below like a bad tooth smell or sewerage? So I was 99% certain, didn't feel I'll or feverish or anything, just a disgusting smell that made me heave! So tonight I got in bed with my iPad and decided to google it, see if anyone else had experienced this kind of thing, after reading this thread I started to panic feeling I had 1 stuck for sure, I went to the bathroom only minutes ago on the advice of baring down and feeling around, I had felt before but hadn't felt anything so I tried again, the smell was overwhelming, I felt around best I could and still nothing so I came and woke my poor husband up and asked him to help me, as it feels more natural than feeling up there yourself, at first he said he could not feel anything, I bared down an he suddenly felt it!! I panicked but also felt relieved it was a bit uncomfortable to get out to say the least but I was so great full it was him and not the doctor!
I really wanted to post about this for any other ladies that may ever go thru this awful experience and just to say it really can happen even tho on top medical websites it says it is impossible! Some of us know first hand IT DOES!
I am worried about the same thing because I inserted one before going to sleep but then I woke up in the morning and I had to pee so bad that ididnt take it out but after I was done I was looking for the string and I couldn't find it and I didn't look in the toilet I just flushed it and I'm worried if I still have it in me ? And what about if it stays there for long ???? I'm a 14 year old teen and I'm scared to tell my mom because this is my first time using them and I didn't tell my mom that I was going to use them is this bad??
How long dose it take till it comes out ?
I thank i have a topic in me but i was haveing sex dont know wat to do and if u ave sex can the man fell it wen u havein sex?