WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
worried and dont know what to do
by nicolefrances, Sep 04, 2006
i know this isnt in the right topic area but i didnt know where else to put it. is it possible for a tampon to get stuck/lost inside you?? i think mine might have and im really scared and dont know what to do....i would go t the doctor but i dont have health insurance...
Member Comments (37)
by girl522, Sep 04, 2006
There is no where for it to go except out.  The tampon isn't going to go into your cervix so if it is in your vagina you should be able to feel it.  Why do you think you have a tampon stuck in you?  If there is nothing in there and you were thinking that because of an abnormal smell or something then you need to go to the doctor because you probably have an infection.
by nicolefrances, Sep 04, 2006
no sounds silly but i had one in one night and went out drinking and i dont remember taking it out and the next morning i went to take it out and it wasnt there but i really appreciate you answering my question makes me feel a lot better ive been worrying about it for a couple days
by AnnieBrooke, Sep 04, 2006
You might check the archives on this too, the question has been posted a couple of times in the last 6 months or so and the ladies who had the problem were describing noticeable smell, not gross but bloody.  That wouldn't happen for a while, though.  The vagina is indeed just a cul-de-sac for something as big as a tampon, so if it is in there it is not going anywhere else, as the earlier poster said.
by nicolefrances, Sep 04, 2006
so if it isnt in there i would have had to take it out for sure...right?
by monkeyflower, Sep 04, 2006
If it isn't in your vagina, then you took it out or it fell out. There's nowhere else for it to go :-)
by lucylocket2, Sep 04, 2006
Once a tampon gets so "full"  it will come out. I'd say if you had a drink or two you woke up for the pee half of us don't even remember, and it came out on it's own or you pulled it out. Also when you drink you bleed more. I'd say it filled up faster and came out when you p'd.
by ctsmom, Sep 04, 2006
this is my only caution, do not insert another tampon before you know for sure that your last has come out, it will only make it harder to try to get it out if it is in there
by nicolefrances, Sep 04, 2006
well i cant feel it in there thats why i was worried it went up farther inside me