yeast infection

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

yeast infection

Hi, I have been getting this burning sensation during sex over the past six months it seems to not be that bad at the beginning of intercourse but gets more intense after a while of having sex making me want to stop as soon as possible. At times it got so painful that I actually started crying. I went to the gynecologist 2 times to get tested for STDs and it came back negative. The first time I went they told me I had bacterial vaginitis after they checked me down thee and prescribed an antibiotic. But the burning sensation never really stopped then the second time they said I had both bacterial vaginitis and a yeast infection and the Dr prescribed a vaginal cream as well as a pill but still the burning hasn't stopped. I've just kind of been dealing with it but I'm getting tired of the pain. The doctor told me that both infections are a result of my Ph being unbalanced and gave me reasons why my Ph would become unbalanced and I've done everything possible to avoid the things that throw my Ph off. Tact that the burning during sex hasn't stopped makes me wonder if it really is a yeast infection? Is there such thing as a never ending yeast infection? If it is a yeast infection then why didn't the medical cream and pills get rid of it?
Pain on deep penetration is due to pelvic inflammatory disease, endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome, pelvic tumors, cervical and uterine infections and tumors. Depending on the site of pain during penetration, diagnosis can be made. This can be further confirmed by clinical examination, ultrasound abdomen or CT scan, PAP smear and a STD panel as required.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Belle313, and KTowne commented on Belle313's status
KTowne commented on KeeLolo's status
Sep 27
AppleBr commented on photo
Sep 27
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals