yeast infection after having sex
I've been having yeast infection for the past 5 months, At first i thought it was the change in weather and being that it gets moist down there i was getting the yeast infection. I went on vacation for a month and i didn't experience a yeast infection cause i haven't had sex. When i came back i had sex with man man and I notice that it reocurred again. I treated it everything was fine,until we had sex again it came back. I made an appointment to see my doctor and he gave me a precription for it. Everything is fine again after 3 weeks we had sex again the **** came back and i am getting so fustraded at one poitn i thought it was the condom but we used another brand and it's the same problem. I have an appointment with my doctor next week. If it's possile can someone plz give me some advice on what's the problem. thanks.
You're probably not getting a yeast infection from sex, just noticing it more after intercourse. First, are you very well lubricated when you have intercourse? Too much friction can be really, really irritating; the symptoms you experience might just be from that alone. Also, are you on the pill, by any chance? Or diabetic? Either of those can cause frequent yeast infections. But most of all, did your doctor actually diagnose you in person with a yeast infection, or just call something in for you over the phone? If the latter, I'd make an appt to be seen. You may either have a different strain of yeast, or another type of infection.
Or.....your partner can have a yeast infection and you two keep passing it back and forth, have him checked too.
But how could it be possible to past a yeat infection back and forth, we always use protection.
Oral sex or using spit for lube can do it too--particular to the chemistry of your partner..
Yes I am lubricated when ever I have sex. I am not on the pill or any type of birth control.  Have no idea if I
Condoms protect his fluids from getting in your, but your fluids could get on his pubic hairs or testicles and keep reinfecting you.  So, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get him treated as well as you or this could keep reoccurring.  HTH
Like Ateague said, fluids and other stuff can be transmitted during foreplay and just through physical contact.  It doesn't hurt to have him tested for a yeast infection.
I went through the same thing for years.  My doctor called it Ping Pong because my husband and I just kept giving the yeast infection back and forth through vaginal sex.  I also noticed that every time we had oral sex I would get an infection almost immediately!  I know this sounds crazy but we discovered that if we both eat yogurt every day the yeast infections are non-existant.  Completely gone!  We also discovered something else interesting:  My husband is asthmatic and his inhaler kills certain bacteria in his throat which apparently can occasionally cause a yeast infection in his throat.  Eating the yogurt also took care of his sore throats!
Almost 4 years later and I too am having the same problem. Exactly as yours. With or without the use of a condom I'm getting yeast infections after sex. With the same partner or a different one, I'm still getting it and it's running me crazy. Did you ever figure this thing out? Because right now, I'm felling really cursed.
I have the same problem! and its really pissing me off! i get them all the time and it too is driving me crazy. I have noticed that i have been getting them after intercorse, even with a different partner too. So im thinking that it has to do with our bodys, because what are the chances that we keep passing it back and forth with different people. Im going to go to my doctor the next time it happens after sex, and if i find anything out ill let you know!!! GAHHH  frustrating!!! BUt i hear that eating certain yogurt does help some?
I have been dealing with this problem for the past four years and it makes me want to scream/cry.  I get them whenever I have sex, with the same partner or someone different.  I have seen two different doctors and neither seem very concerned which actually annoys the hell out of me.  I'm 24 and I can't enjoy a normal sex life!  They have done all sorts of tests and blood work.  They now think it may be my birth control, which is a possibilty.  Why isn't this a bigger issue, I feel as though if I were a man and this was a problem I had with some sort of penis infection it would be a huge deal.  It's really annoying and really upsetting and I wish there was more info out there about this problem and that more people talked about it.
I am relieved that I am not the only one.  I have been dealing w/ persistent yeast infections fro about 5 yrs now.  i have visited 4 different drs and they all act like its no big deal!!! Very frustrating ordeal.  i am on birth control pills which unfortunately I have to take since i have PCOS and will rarely get my period unless i take the pill. I asked them about alternative meds to take in lieu of the pills and non of them can give me a straight answer...I am completely frustrated and dont know what to do. it hinders my sexual life severely..my fiance is very supportive but I AM FRUSTRATED! if anyone has any advice or reccommend any obgyn who is knowledgeable about persistent yeast in the nyc area, please share
I heard that the nuvaring birth control helps alot with women who are prone to yeast infection... I have been using it for about 3 years and it does help however I was married for the most part of that and maybe only got one or two but i mostly contributed that to receiving oral after my husband drank alot of beer... I know that sounds like an old wives tale but i would literallty get one instantly if he drank beer and gave me oral without brushing his teeth and rinsing with mouth wash,,,, anyways i am now with a new partner for the past 3 months and we recently started having unprotected sex and I have had 2 yeast infections... hopefully the nuvaring will help me out here. I used an over the counter medicine the first time and now am on a prescription terconazole i think it's called. hopefully after i complete the prescription we should be good to go but since i dont want to make this reoccuring i did talk to my doctor who said both of us should use mild soap to bathe the area and dry completely and i should wear white cotton underwear and sleep without anything whenever possible as the area can breathe... I'm going to try this as well as eating yogurt with probiotics everyday to help avoid the issue. i will let you know how it works out!
i'v been havin the same dammm problem fo 8yrs..nd am not dibtic or on any kinda of pill.....with me its kinda different its started with kindney problmes got worser with freakin burnin/itchin/swollin/bleedin all that happen to my poor vige all u can imagin at one point i thought i have cancer...i'v been to like more then 25 doc if am not mistaken include the hospitals nd they  keep feedin anit.b whichs its not helpin ufffffff..and omg i hate havin sex cuz of the burnin...it started wen i waz 16 and now am 24.....i hope i get hit by train dammmm it...
Wow, you guys, this is a problem! I have been having this problem, with/without condom, never been on the pill, for 18 years. I am 34. Same problem. Seen many doctors, same unhelpful response. I thought it was a latex allergy. Didn't use condoms, still got it. Different partners, didn't matter. Got it first time with partners, so no chance of passing back and forth. It happens everytime I have sex. I had no sex for 10 months, not one yeast infection! I have tried everything. One thing that helped at one point, and I will try it again, was using an oral homeopathic and taking it all the time. The company name is Natra-bio, Candida Yeast Relief. I think health food stores like Whole Foods carries it. http://www.natrabio.com/   http://www.natrabio.com/category-exec/category_id/782/nm/Women_27s_20Health
Are any of you hypoglycemic? Not diabetic, but low blood sugar? I am. I get shaky, panic and irritable when hungry. I was tested. Try to avoid sugar, and alcohol. Both will make yeast infections unbearable.
Unfortunately I haven't found the long term solution. I do hope there are doctors and scientists researching this problem. Judging by this blog, it is a more common problem than I thought.
Here is a good article...

http://www.mamashealth.com/stds/vyeast.asp
same problem guys! several doctors, and no explanation. I have been tested for every kind of infection and also had blood work done etc. and nothing! everytime i have sex it happens! it takes a while for it to go away too. reeeeally annoying. so by the time it's gone, it's been so long that i/we want to have sex again and it's back! it's so painful and annoying!! and i HATE yogurt. why doesnt anyone have an answer to our problem!!
You guys, I don't know what to say. I haven't found a cure yet. My guy was in town and all went well while he was here. But alas, he's gone and with our last night together, the infection is back again. This time with my cycle. It's not as bad as it has been in the past and it took longer to come this time. I will say if you are using any toys etc, my doctor said to make sure you are cleaning them well. That's all I have this time around.
Wow... It's soooo incredibly nice to know I'm not alone here! I am not a diabetic, nor on any pill. I have protected sex, and it happens regardless of the partner. Usually I'll notice it starting to get irritating during sex, and once that happens, there is no going back...  But what I don't understand is why doctors don't seem to get it... So... what kind of yogurt do you guys recommend?? What about the yogurt that contains the aspertain? Anyone have any luck with the acedophalus pills? Or are we all doomed to prefer the 2 pump chumps that are quick and painless in bed...???? lol
I'm sorry to hear about everyone's issues with those damn yeast infections. I haven't had one in years... and I think it was the soap products I was using. Its not documented very often (if at all really..) but I'm pretty darn sure I'm allergic to glycerine. I was so baffled as to WHY it seemed like I was doing everything right (condom use, one partner, very good hygene, frequent doctor visits..) I wasn't on antibiotics or birth control. I started narrow down all the possibilities and saw glycerine is in A LOT of stuff. It was in my bath gel, bar of soap, condoms, spermacide, ky jelly AND my deoderant. In many cases, it was the one of the main ingredients. It took a while to figure out what was plauging me. Doctors were no help. They would usually say it was my diet or that I wasn't following through with the instructions to keep taking meds even after it cleared up. I knew that wasn't the case. Even after I figured out my allergy and the yeast infections miraculously stopped happening, I was told by my doctor that it was unlikely I was allergic to glycerine. Whatever. I always avoid glycerine in any product that is going on my most sensitive areas (i used to get horrible rashes in my armpit- talk about embarassing!) and I can't really remember the last time I've had a yeast infection. So, girls if you have tried EVERYTHING else and you keep getting irritated, try products w/out glycerine. Bath and Bodyworks is my savior for bath gel/soap stuff, avoid condoms with glycerine as a lubricant, try out the lubricant doctors and tattoo artists use (i know i know not as fun as all the flavored, sparkly warming sensation lubricants but its worth using- TRUST ME). I wish I could remember the name of the stuff but I'm sure you could ask your doctor or google it. I'm hyper sensitive to alot of things (nut allergies, nickel allergies- really bad like if it touches me for a short period of time I break out in giant rashes) so if you are too- Maybe you have the same problem I did...... OKAY
NOW i have to ask: what are the chances of a guy giving me a yeast infection? Yes, I'm incredibly stupid and hooked up with a guy w/out protection. I'm waiting to hear back from him on whether he DOES have one. Reguardless, I'm going to my GP as soon as I can because I don't want to have us passing it back and forth to each other. I've heard this happens even with a condom on because there are still bodily fluids involved. We hooked up a couple of days ago and he told me yesterday he might have one. I seem pretty normal down there. No itching/burning/irritation going on... I have another person I occassionally hook up with and I wonder if, even though it doesn't seem like I have one, could I act as a carrier and pass it on to him? If you get a yeast infection from sex... how long does it normally take to show up? My experience before subtracting the glycerine was that I would start feeling itching/irritation almost immediately after... so...am I wrong in assuming I'm probably in the clear? My yeast-free friend wants to hook up, and I hesitate to do anything with him until I get confirmation from my doctor that I'm yeast-free as well. Even with a condom- because I'm hella paranoid! If a girl gives a yeast infection to a guy... how long does THAT take to develop? Any info, advice, support would be much appreciated.
To all those who say that the doctors act like it's no big deal. Go to a female doctor. Any doctor who has had a yeast infection will know that it is a BIG DEAL!

Or, if for some reason you do not feel comfortable with a female doctor, at the very least switch to another male doctor. A doctor should never, ever minimize your complaints.