yeast infection cuts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

yeast infection cuts?

I went to the gyno for the first time in august and he did a regular exam  but i also had itchiness and swelling. then he told me he was going to take a culture for herpes because i had a few cuts inside my vagina. I had had sex for the first time a few days before and it was very dry(im thinking what may have made the cuts). I few days later i got the test results back that i had a yeast infection and then i few days from them i found out that my herpes culture was negative. About 2 months after that i had the same symptoms itching and swelling and i had a 2 cuts at the top of my outlabia. almost in my public hair region. I went to a gyno at school and she told me that it didnt look like herpes at all and that i should be fine, it was just another yeast infection. the cuts were gone in less than a day. I dont know if it was because i was extra cautious and still thought i had herpes but i always feel like im irriated down there. i went home that weekend to my regular gyno and he told me i had nothing to worry about. About a month after the 2nd yeast infection i had another cut right where my pubic hair meets my outer labia.again went away in less than a day. and i have still been experiencing irriation it feels like. so my question is does anyone experience cuts with yeast infections. because my doctor said it was common. but i am still convinced i have herpes. and my boyfriend doesnt understand why i wont touch him anymore. i am going to get blood tested for herpes on thursday but i have a feeling my doctor is going to tell me its unnecessary.
I should add my sexual history. I had only had sex with my boyfriend who has never done anything with anyone before(this is a small town and its something i know for sure). i did once however have some gential (genital) rubbing with another kid who i asked to the point of annoyence if he had herpes and if he had been testing. (no no herpes, yes he has been tested). and my boyfriend has given me oral but i asked him if he ever got cold sores and he said no. oh and also i still get cottage cheese like discharge which makes me think maybe my yeast infection never went away. also i just started taking the pill about a month before my second yeast infection i wonder if that has anything to do with it. Sorry i wrote so much i am just so scared and i feel like this is taking over my life i think about it all the time.
I agree with your physicians.  Based on the sexual events you explained as well as those of who you were with, I would suspect either a yeast or bacterial infection.  

Yeast infections can be unbearable.  Birth control can also cause yeast infections.

Bacterial infections can be the same but are treated a little differently.

Did your gyn give you diflucan or did you just try over the counter medications?  If it does not clear up, I would suggest asking your physician to prescribe diflucan.

If you get the blood test results for a herpes test, will you believe them?  You've already tested negative once.  If it would help put your mind at ease then do it.

Again, based of the experiences you have written about, you have about zero chance of having any STD.

Good Luck
so you dont think the cuts that i have gotten are related to herpes. i honestly lose sleep over it. its so emotionally exausting. is my negative herpes culture reliant because i read other places that you have to get a blood test to really know although i went to the gyno a day or two after my symptoms started which i think is reliable. im going on thursday to be testest but this will put me at ease. i know that dandeelyons comment did.
The last couple of yeast infections I had, the skin tore and I had itching as well as swelling plus the lovely discharge.  I think the little tears come from the moisture and then the constant scratching.  If you decide to have sex with your partner again, you may want to have him treated for the yeast infection as well.  He can get it and you would pass it back and forth.  

I am glad I was able to put your mind at ease.  I know how scarry it is to be sure you have something.  When I was around 22, I had myself convinced that I had aids.  I really had only been with two people and neither were high risk but I was sure I was going to die anyway.  I still got tested twice just to put my mind at ease.

Good luck.  I'm sure you will be ok.
OMG....We are so in the same boat.  I feel you panic and pain!  Here is my story:  Ever since I started back on the pill about two years ago, I keep getting yeast infections.  I have had 10 in the past year and a half.  I always get the same two paper cuts...sort of small linesin the exact same places.  Sometimes they bleed, but most they are sore straight lines.  I only get them with a yeast infection and one is in the same place as yours.  Now my doctor has treated me for yeast as the culture always comes up showing yeast.  When this first started, she said I had jock itch as well.  She gave me an anti fungal cream and it went away with the yeast infection.  Being that I suffered with that "jock itch" thing, I mentioned it to my Dermotologist.  He agreed that we can have our skin down their infected with yeast.  He gave me a different cream.  So just days before Christmas, I went into my Gyno's office and I saw my DR.  She took a culture that showed yeast.  It did not go away that easily this time so when I got irritated, I put the new cream on, which irritated me.  It was the first time I used it.  When I called for my blood test results (they tested my sugars) I mentioned the cuts to the nurse and thought it was a side effect of the new antifungal I used.  She said I should be seen.  I could only see one doctor who is new to the practice and I have never met her before.  She said it looked like Herpes!  I totally freaked!  I have been married for 12 years, have two kids and have only been with two men in my life!  

Fast forward:  I took a herpes blood test and she took cultures as well.  I should have the results tomorrow.  What a horrible and long holiday weekend this was.  

I will let you know how I make out, but every time I have a yeast infection, I get the cuts and the Dermotoglist confirmed that with me at it was from the yeast.  Perhaps, you should see a Dermotoglist the next time it happens to you to put you more at ease.  I did not know that we can get a yeast infection of the skin, from the yeast that lies there when we have an vaginal one.  Nothing about what I am going thru adds up.  I am totally fine right now.  No yeast, cuts or sores.  I thought the sores were supposed to last for weeks.  Mine cleared up along with the yeast infection within days.

Keep us posted and I will let you know how I make out too.  You are not alone.  I feel for you!  I have not slept in days over this.
I currently believe I have a yeast infection (although I am not positive, as I haven't been to my doctor's yet). Although, I just got out of the bathroom and discovered a tiny little lesion a bit above my clitoris and below the pubic hair line (somewhere inbetween there?). I was FREAKING out, but now that I've read some of your posts, I am feeling a little better. My sexual history is far more risky than the one's that you have posted. I am not proud to admit that, and I too am worrying about EVERY possibly sexually transmitted disease out there (ESPECIALLY HIV/AIDS :S). All these things are driving me crazy, and this cut, which is hopefully just from the yeast infection, is making it even worse! I'm sorry this is kind of all over the place, but I am petrified at what might be... I can't even get tested for HIV for another month and a bit.

My decisions in the past have been BEYOND stupid, but there is nothing I can do about that now. I just wanted to talk to someone, anyone really, about what I am going through. Please help...
i have the exact same thing!! my cut is basically right from the public hair to the labia... its red looking as well, and i experience itchiness and a foul discharge... i have never been diagnosed with a yeast infection, nor ever treated myself for one. BUT iam convinced i have herpes, just not textbook. I also have gone and got tested, dont get results will wednesday. this has been the longest two weeks of my enitre life.

i can only remember experience these symptons this past summer, and my sexual history at the time of my first 'infection' or outbreak, was none existant. I had skin to skin contact with ONE guy, and was a virgin. So this summer, when i have repeadly had these, how many i have no idea, right before my period during ovulation, i never thought it  a million years it could be an std. BUT in the past month, i Have had sex, so this month when these symptoms i was on panic attack. ANYONE with any help !?!

before i noticed the 'paper cut' which was today, i was itchy that area like crazy cause its so damn itchy. especially my vulva?? and between my vagina and butt

WHAT could this bee???? i am so stressed out, its all i can think about.
What ended up happening?? Did any of you end of having herpes??

I am scared too. I have only had sex with a couple of people in my life. Although my most recent guy has had a long bad history but he told me he was negative for everything. After about 5 days I developed serious pain. I looked and I was so red, inflammed, and so many cuts. I immediatly when to the doctor. A nurse came in and basically said she thought it was herpes. I started crying and them she said I had a yeast infection and maybe it was just that. Help! I am freaking out and I have to wait 3 months before they will give me a blood test because they said it could take my body up to that time to build up the antibodies. Please someone tell me. Did you guys end up with herpes or just a yeast infection??
About a year ago I noticed two small cuts round the vagina. I thought it was strange as it was the first time I had this. I was going to go to the doctor but the following day they were much better, until a few days later they had disappeared. After approx. 6 months I again noticed another few cuts, this time I thought I had better have a gyno check just in case. (A few weeks before hand I had been ill and on antibiotics. These decrease your defensive system for which you are more prone to other infections.) After the basic gyno check (citology check, cervical smeer with a study of the cells), they informed me that I had a fungal infection and that they would have to check which type of fungal infection it was as there are many types, and needs to be treated. They then took a complete gyno test to check the DNA. They informed me that I didn't have a fungal infection but that I had a yeast infection and that this normally didn't need treatment but that they would treat me for it anyhow. Now (3 months later), I again have cuts and have been back to the gyno. They have done a complete test again just to make sure of everything and next week I receive the results.

Anyhow, the doctors informed me that if it's a fungal infection this needs treatment. If it's a yeast infection, it doesn't necessarily need treatment, can be very common on some women where it can come and go, and on other women it just is always there.

However you should have a gyno check up every year at least and if you have any symptoms, cuts, itchiness, swelling you should have a check up every 6 months.

Remember that the gyno can do two different types of tests. A basic one which is called citology, where they just study the cells, and a gyno check were they check the DNA. Both of these studies are important as each one of them detect different infections.

Hope this helps girls. I’ll let you know about my results next week and what the doctor informs me on the cuts. xx
By the way girls. Me again. Just another comment. Please don't panic.

When I was told I had a fungal infection I was really worried as they informed me that this could cause cancer... But then looking into it and after much study and talking with doctors, I was informed that they are approx. 27 different types of fungal infections and that only 3 of these can cause cancer. If these are caught at the right moment they can be treated with cream or by laser treatment, and is very easy and non painfull.

Not long ago a new vaccination came out to prevent the 3 fungal infections that cause cancer. So I recomend for you all to go and visit your doctor and have this inyection.

However, this inyection does not prevent the rest of the fungal infections which are treated in the same way. So please, don't worry. Have your gyno check ups in order and talk to your doctor about the new vaccination.
When I talk about fungal infection I mean Papilloma. Sorry I come from Spain and I get confused with the translation of the names.
Hey ladies...I had this problem, let it go too long, and ended up with a nasty yeast infection, cuts on the clitoris and perineum(in between anus and vagina), and a fungal infection in the area a thong would cover.  Got blood tested just in case...found out yesterday that I DO NOT have herpes.....if you are half the paranoid, hypochondriac I am, go get tested for the peace of mind. Mine was just the mother of all yeast infections! Oh yea...make your partner get blood tested too! You have nothing to lose because ignorance is not bliss!!! Stress is not good for a yeast infection. Good luck.  o yea....although I'm not a doctor and all cases are different, herpes usually don't last for over a month, don't scar or bleed, and usually appear in the form of blisters.
i had cuts too, and i wasnt quite sure what they were from. thye would be there for a coupple of days then diaspear. finally i went to a gyno and she saoid that i had a yeast infection, so im pretty sure they are related to yeast infections.
Hello, the other day I received the results of the gyno check up. I don't have Papilloma, even though a few months it came up possitive..., but still continue with cuts. I spoke with the gyno and he informed me that it could be a yeast infection and that it is very common and nothing to worry about. However, should be treated. Apparently, at least here in Spain, you can buy creams from the pharmacy without prescription for this. But it is better to go and see your doctor. If you get it very regularly your doctor will give you longer treatment. So now I have to go and visit my GP and have more tests and then he will treat me for the yeast infection depending on the type of fungal it is...
Hey there!

Don't worry sunshine. I have the same kind of problem. When I get a yeast infection I usually have a little cut in the same area. I also get one if I use the wrong kind of moisturizer or if I take  bubble baths too much. It just means your sensitive and a yeast infection makes you even more sensitive. You might also notice you might tare if you wipe too hard or if you scratch/rub yourself (hey, it can be very itchy) you cut yourself.

Also, you can get a pill that takes away a yeast infection. My doctor always gives me two just incase the first pill I take does not clear it up right away. You should always treat your yeast infection right away because I have known a yeast infection to get out of hand ( if left for a fairly long time without any treatment) and cause you to have bladder problems.
You said the small cuts on the labia can be caused by a bubble bath? I've been experiencing the same symptoms as the others (itching, swelling, burning, cuts) and it's been almost a week since it started.  I was sick, and took the first bath I had in years to relax (with body wash for bubbles).  I wondered if the bath started it, because the symptoms started right after, but that seemed silly. I suspected a yeast infection since I've been on antibiotics for the cold, but for some reason I never itch or get discharge, so I was unsure. I was surprised to read about the bubble bath thing, so it'd be great if you could elaborate!
I was diagnosed 3 days ago with a YEAST infection.  Before I went to the Dr. I had taken a Diflucan? Pill that I had a repeat of @ the pharmacy from my Last Yeast infection. It did NOT go away! I then did Monistat 3 day & That didn't work either :(  SO that's when I went to the Dr & he said "Looks like a Yeast infection".  He perscribed Terbinafine for 7 days.  2 days Later there was a small cut on the Left of the inside of my vagina???  Went back to a Woman Dr TODAY re:the cut & she said "I think its Herpes" WTF???  She told me I had a Yeast Infection, Bacterial Vaginosis, & Herpes! I have NO Odor, NO Discharge anymore, but a LITTLE "Paper" cut .  I have to wait 2 weeks for results of my swabs & I'm SO SCARED!  I had sex with a Guy 2 days before the yeast infection & used a condom.  I have NO Clusters & NO Sores! JUST a Little cut & Itching.  PLEASE, if anyone knows ANYTHING re: WHY the Dr. would think it's Herpes PLEASE let me know.
I was diagnosed with genital herpes about two months ago.  My initial outbreak occured the first week of September 09, and the week prior I was experiencing a few irritating cuts on the inside on my vulva.  I have experienced these cuts a few times before in my life, as I always thought they were recurrent yeast, and would come and go every 2 months or so.  During this time while I had the cuts, I was having unprotected sex with a somewhat new partner, and it was also the last day of my period.  The sex got a little dry and rough, and the next day I woke up with some more cuts on the perenium area that looked exactly like the "yeast infection cuts" that were already there.  I figured it was just my yeast getting out of hand, and irritation from rough sex, so I popped a  diflucan I had in my medicine cabinet from months prior.
Well, as it turns out, another day and a half went by and i started to feel these bumps developing on my outer labia. They first looked like little tiny pinpricks with a tiny, glistening, head on them -- as if the skin was starting to break a little.  The day after that, they started to multiply on my outer labia and grow bigger and more swollen like pimples. The day after THAT, sores began to open and I new I needed  a Gyno appointment ASAP!.....
I went to the doc and she examined me. At this point, my vag looked kinda like this:  "yeast infection-like" cuts were still there in the same spots but had opened a bit wider and were VERY painful. There were also open, oozing sores on my vulva (inner lips) and labia (outer lips) and on my perenium(between vagina and anus).  The doctor said it was most definitely herpes.  She swabbed one of my "cuts" and took  blood.  The swab test came back positive, the blood test negative.  She said she could not explain why the blood test was negative, except for that I had a strong immune system.  I wasnt satisfied with that explanation so I researched a bit more on the internet.  Many resources on the web say that Herpes can take about 3-4 months to manifest in the blood and show up on a test.

The odd thing is this -- for maybe the past two years or so (or maybe even longer) I have had these strange cuts, or even just one cut at a time, usually in the same spots, and they are very itchy and usually go away in a few days on their own. I always thought they were yeast-related, but since they showed up the same time as the sores two months ago, I am beginning to think that maybe I have had herpes for years and just have had very mild little symptoms (like the cuts) and never had a full outbreak.

My personal opinion on it is that since there is soooo much mixed information on Herpes out there, and herpes outbreaks can accompany so many other occurrences or ailments that weaken the immune system. It's so hard to tell IF you have herpes if you have never had a full on "primary" outbreak with sores, or how long you had it or where you got it from if you do get that primary outbreak.  A swab culture will definitely detect it if sores or lesions or present, but a blood test often says what it wants to say.  I tested negative with a full-on serious outbreak and the doctor had said she had never seen it happen before!  Weird stuff.  I also think that there is SO much about how Herpes behaves that doctors just don't know!  It is a virus, and viruses are very unpredictable as their effect varies with different peoples immune system, and they tend to mutate and adapt.  I also read from a few different sources that Herpes and Yeast Infection symptoms are often identical so please be vigilant and don't just assume it's a simple yeast infection.

My advice to anyone in the situation: 1. DO NOT panic.  2. Get tested for herpes now.  Ask for the Herpeselect blood test.  You must ask for it by name b/c herpes doesnt show up in regular STD screenings (probably because it isn't life or health threatening -- whew! That, you can be happy about)  3. Get those little cuts swabbed if they are still there.  If not, be sure to get them swabbed if they pop up again.
and 4. Refrain from any sex until this is all sorted out.  You wouldnt want to keep having sexual contact with a current partner or unknowingly pass it to a new partner when you are unaware of it.

Lastly, I know this was a really long post but I wanted to share my experience with you guys and help out anyone I can.  I was in this situation just TWO months ago.  Searching online desperately looking for answers. I went back and forth between being convinced it was herpes to being convinced it was a yeast infection. I lost sleep over it, and when the sores popped up and I was diagnosed, I thought it was the end of the world.  I thought I was damaged goods and no one would want me.... well.....Guess what,  two months later and I am doing A-OK!  I think about it from time to time, it's hard to forget, but as a little time passes, you just get over it like you would anything else.   You will be a wreck over having to tell future partners, but I am reading all over the place and learning from talkin to people that have it that 2/3 of potential partners walk away when they find out, and that that 1/3 of people probably just werent that into you except for a quick piece of nookie.... and who wants to sleep with one of those losers anyway??  You wanna be with someone who really likes you, right? Duh!  Sooo many people have herpes and almost all of them don't know it, so don't feel bad!!  Haha, I don't.  I can't even remember what I got so worked up about when I first got diagnosed.  When they took my blood they also told me that I was negative for HIV and that REALLY put things into perspective!!!!!!!
Whatever happens you will be fine, trust me.  It's just a little virus. :)

Good luck!!!  <3
Sorry.. correction.. I mean that 2/3 of partners will ACCEPT you and 1/3 may walk away.. thats just statistical stuff.... but the bottom line is:  don't worry about telling people.  If they like you, they won't care. If they don't like you, they will care and ya shouldnt be with em anyway!   Tons of people have herpes!

If you tell your new love interest that you have herpes, and they are okay with it, and they decide to get tested just to see if they have it or not before u guys have sex, there's a 25% that they WILL ALREADY HAVE IT and you guys can go on 'bout ya business!

People most often stay with a person they like even if they have herpes...At the end of the day it's really no biggie.
I too am worried. On Christmas eve after having a painful sexual experience with my boyfriend I noticed I had 2 small cuts in the crease btw my inner and outer lips of me vagina. Since I had shaved that night I just thought I had cut myself shaving. Within the next 2 days the cuts had opened up and there were more of them. I was also having fevers on n off for a few days n I had a toothache with swollen gums. After doing some research online I was scared I had herpes. So I told my boyfriend n he went to get tested. About a week later I went to the er and the doctor there just looked at it n said it was herpes n prescribed me the necessary meds. He also said I had a yeast infection. After taking the diflucan it started to feel better. The next day my boyfriend got his results back n his was negative. So I made an appt. With my GYN to get properly tested be ause in the er there were no tests done.
For the past week I have had a itchy, burning feeling, discharge and cuts. I went to the pharmacist, he had said he was "positive it is a yeast infection"..it has been a feel days and its has been on and off throughout the day. i took a canestan pill (not sure if i had took it properly) I also been using the creame, but its been on and off throughout the day and night. I have two cuts and dont feel them untill i whipe. The discharge has been alot less since I took the pill, bt the burning feeling and cuts are still there.

I have been with my boyfriend for over 2 years and never had sexual intercourse with anyone else(positive my bf hasn't either). Aside from him i had sexual intercourse with one other guy for a year and he was the first. For the past 3-4 years, I have had no infections or been treated for any problems. I went a little over a month to get tested because I had a little pimple around the vaginal area, but the gyno. said it was nothing but can be caused from wearing tight clothing, or from going for a swim few days before. It went away like a regular pimple. I had a pep test done for the first time and I had got swab tested same day and if anything is wrong they usually call in 2 weeks and ask you to come back in. But they didnt so I assumed everything was okay.

That was litteraly, 5 weeks ago. And after havint intercourse with my boyfriend exactly a week ago, I have had cheesy like discharge and all but knwo its jsut the cuts and the burning/itchy feeling. I dotn have any wartz, I dont think it can be herpes. BUT i am extermly worried. I will be going to a doctor first thing in the morning, but its really bothering me. I have had trouble sleeping, it is all thats on my mind and has been bothering me for the past week. I have talked to my bf but he thinks that it may jsut be from having rougher sex. The pharmist thinks that it is a yeast infection because we have been trying a differnt condom and the bacteria from the latex may be one of the causes. BUT OVERAL IM FREAKING OUT.

If anyone has any ideas or can help ease my mind, please write back...IT will be a GREAT HELP !!
Is it just me or does no one follow up with a post on their test results?!?! Well I have hope to offer all of you freaking out about your red painful 'cuts'. I have suffered with the itching, burning, discharge and cuts off and on since I was 13 and on antibiotics every few months due to low immune system.  Sometimes I have all the symptoms at once and other times only the burning and cuts. It is a yeast infection and not herpes or any other STD. I can say this confidently because I started getting these Hey, brought ur dress to meeting like 4 times and either missed u or forgot, so don't let me forget tonight. 8 years before I ever had sex of any kind. Yeast Occurs in moist environments where skin rubs together, the skin swells and rubs more, yeast settles especially in any crease or crack which causes a 'cut' the skin becomes more delicate also and any scratching or rubbing will cause tears that look like cuts. Sometimes the cuts bleed other times they don't. So girls, i hope this helps and i hope you stop suffering because you are afraid of what it 'might' be and go to the doctor and get back to burn free life.
HI LADIES,,,

MY GIRLFRIEND SENT ME THIS LINK BECAUSE SHE FELT I MIGHT BE ABLE TO ANSWER A LOT OF QUESTIONS RELATED TO YEAST INFECTIONS AND HERPES.

I AM NOT GOING LIE ABOUT ANYTHING AND I AM NOT GOING TO TELL YOU SOMETHING I DONT KNOW 100%. WITH ALL THIS SAID I WOULD LIKE TO PUT MOST OF YOU AT EASE AND TELL YOU WHAT SOMETHINGS THAT MIGHT BE VERY HELPFUL.

QUICK BREAKDOWN:
IF YOU HAVE HERPES YOU WILL KNOW IT FOR SURE.
HERPES AND YEAST NOTHING LIKE EACHOTHER
HERPES CUTS DO NOT BLEED, LEAKS CLEAR LIQUID
YEAST DRIES THE SKIN AND CAUSES LITTLE CUTS THAT BLEED
YEAST DOES NOT HAVE TO ACTUALLY LOOK THICK AND YELLOW IT CAN BE CLEAR DISCHARGE AS WELL.
HERPES IS NOT ITCHY, MORE BURNS AND STINGS.
IF HERPES IS PRESENTS IT CAN BE TESTED VERY EASILY.
IF YOU ARE HAVING THESE SYMPTOMS AND WERE TESTED FOR HERPES AT THAT TIME AND IT WAS NEGITIVE YOUR GOOD AS HERPES LEAKS A CLEAR LIQUID EASY TO CATCH AND TEST.

FOR MORE THOROUGH INFORMATION PLEASE FEEL FREE TO READ.

FIRSTLY, I HAVE HAD HERPES FOR YEARS NOW, I GOT IT WHILE I WAS CHEATED ON, NOT IMPORTANT THOUGH. WHEN I FIRST GOT IT, IT LOOKED LIKE A MICROSCOPIC CUT ON THE LABIA. AND TRUST ME, I WAS IN THE CLINIC WITHIN A DAY OF HAVING THE OUTBREAK. THERE WAS NOTHING SUTTLE ABOUT HERPES. HERPES DOES NOT BLEED BUT IT DOES DISCRETE A CLEAR LIQUID. THEY TESTED ME AND IT CAME BACK POSITIVE. THERE WAS NO DOUBT. IT WAS PAINFUL, AND BURNED BADLY ESPECIALLY WHEN I PEED. YOU COULD BARELY SEE ANYTHING WITH THE NACKED EYE. I HAVE NEVER SEEN BLISTER LOOKING HERPES DOWN THERE MYSELF. THEY ALWAYS COME IN A CUT LIKE LOOK, AND OVER THE YEARS WHEN THEY COME SOMETIMES ITS ONE AT A TIME, OR MORE.

THERE ARE SYMPTOMS THAT NORMALLY COME A DAY OR TWO PRIOR, 1 IS A PAINFUL FEELING IN YOUR BUT, ANOTHER IS A FEELING OF BEING PRICKED IN THE VAGINA WITH A NEEDLE. QUITE AN ANNOYING FEELING, AND DIAREA (diarrhea). SORRY FOR THE VULGERNESS JUST TRYING TO GET THE FACTS OUT.

I HAVE HAD YEAST INFECTIONS A FEW TIMES IN MY LIFE AND IT IS A VERY VERY DIFFERENT FEELING THEN HERPES. HERPES IS NOT ITCHY. AND HERPES WILL NORMALLY STING WHEN YOU PEE BECAUSE THE PEE HAS A BACTERIA IN IT AND THE CUT (HERPES) IS AN OPEN WOUND. ITS ACTUALLY AMAZING HOW SMALL HERPES IS AT HOW MUCH DISCOMFORT IT CAN CAUSE.

NOW YEAST INFECTIONS: THERE ARE SEVERE ONES AND LESS SEVERE ONES.

LESS SEVERE ONES NORMALLY YOU SEE A LITTLE EXTRA DISCHARGE MAYBE A SMELL, ITCHINESS, THE BASICS.

HOWEVER, IF YOU ARE LIKE MYSELF WHERE I JUST HAD SURGERY AND WAS LOADED ON CRAZY AMOUNTS OF MEDICATION AND DIDNT EAT YOGART LOL I GOT A YEAST INFECTION BUT I DIDNT REALIZE IT RIGHT AWAY BECAUSE I WAS IN THE HOSPITAL. WHEN I RETURNED HOME I NOTICED I FELT LIKE THE VAGINA PEE WHOLE WAS SWOLLEN SINCE THE PEE FELT LIKE IT CAME OUT SLOWER AND SMALLER STRAN. I WAS EXTREMELY ITCHY, AND IT WAS STARTING TO BURN FROM RUBBING IT. IT WAS EXTREMELY ITCHY ON THE LABIA RIGHT DOWN TO THE OPENING WHOLE. I COULD NOT GET TO A WALK IN CLINIC FOR A COUPLE DAYS AND AT THIS POINT I WAS ONLY GUESSING THAT A YEAST INFECTION WAS THE ISSUE. BY THE TIME THE DAY CAME TO GO TO THE CLINIC I WAS WIPING AND NOTICING:

SMALL SPOTS (DOTS OF BLOOD BRIGHT RED) ON MY TOILET PAPER. I WAS CAREFUL WHEN DABBING TO SEE WHERE IT WAS COMING FROM WHETHER BUM OR VAGINA, IT WAS ACTUALLY COMING FROM MY PERINEUM (AREA BETWEEN VAGINAL WHOLE AND BUM WHOLE).

THERE WERE LITTLE CUTS. NOTHING LIKE HERPES. VERY TINY LITTLE CUTS WITH FRESH RED BLOOD.

MY DOCTOR TOLD ME WITHIN LOOKING DOWN THERE FOR LESS THAN 2 SECONDS. YUP, YOU HAVE A YEAST INFECTION AND ITS PRETTY BAD. THE YEAST IS VERY DRY AND DRIES THE SKIN AND MAKES A RASH LIKE REACTION SO IT DRIES THE SKIN AND BASICALLY IS CRACKING IT GIVING YOU LITTLE CUTS.

I WAS GIVING 2 PILLS OF DYPHLUCAN AND A CREAM MIXED 50/50 OF ANTI-FUNGAL AND ANTI-INFLAMATORY.

AND WHEN ITS THIS STRONG THAT IT MAKES CUTS IT DOES TAKE A LITTLE LONGER TO HEEL.

A FEW THINGS TO REMEMBER:
1. SOAK IN ABSENTH SALT (SORRY IF I SPELT THAT WRONG)
2. STOP RESEARCHING HERPES ONLINE, YOU WILL GO CRAZY
3. GET TESTED IF YOUR FREAKEN OUT, THATS PRETTY NORMAL
4. KEEP USING THE CREAMS AS THEY WILL MOISTERIZE THE AREA
5. AT THE SAME TIME KEEP THE AREA, CLEAN AND DRY THE BEST YOU CAN
6. DONT WARE TIGHT UNDIES OR THONGS FOR A COUPLE DAYS AS YOU NEED TO GIVE THE AREA A REST AND ANYTHING RUBBING DOESNT HELP.

THINK OF YOUR HANDS BEING OUT IN THE COLD CONSTANTLY, WORKING HARD WITH THEM, ITCHING THEM, RUBBING THEM AND TOSS A CLEANING CHEMICAL ON THEM ON TOP OF THAT AND NEVER USING A MOISTURIZER.

THEY WOULD START TO DRY OUT AND CRACK AND BLEED.

NO WORRIES, ADD YOUR YEAST MEDICATION PILL AND CREAM, KEEP CLEAN AND DRY, WAIT A COUPLE DAYS AND YOUR GOOD AS NEW.

I REALLY HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE STILL HAVING WORRIES OUT THERE.

Hi everyone,

I have been experiencing these same symptoms, paper cuts in addition to itching, swelling irritation and burning but no discharge at all.  This has been going on for a while now.  I went to the gyno and she told me I had a 40% chance of herpes despite the fact that I have only been with my husband for the past 8 years, have had no previous sores of any kind anywhere and that the cuts did not look like herpes.  Well I freaked out.  I mean hysterically crying freaked out.  2 looooooong weeks later and the herpes culture came back negative.  Ironically I came back negative for yeast as well.  So i don't know what is going on but I wanted to be a testament that this is happening and is not herpes.  Also, while obsessively researching vaginal cuts on the internet I came across a post from a nurse practicianer who works at a gyn office.  She said in all her years she has never seen what we are describing come back as positive for herpes.  She said it is usually caused by yeast and very difficult to treat because all the creams and stuff they give you further increase irritation.  Just a thought.
I googled cuts from a yeast infection just to see how common this is, bc I get it ALL THE TIME! No way in hell its herpes, even tho I always get scared, bc I have been having the problem since I was a kid and hadnt had sex yet.  And now my baby has it too! Right now, we both have the really bad yeast infection with cuts...
I have the same symptoms as a lot of you. A few days ago i started scratching the inside of my vagina because it itched so bad then it started to swell from where I was scratching. Today I started itching again and noticed I had a long line going from my clitorious to my vaginal whole it looks like a paper cut and hurts so bad. Also the discharge looks thick and clumpy. I can't go to the doctor right now because I'm three hrs away from where I live. I came to stay with my bf for a few weeks because we are in a long distance relationship and I don't get to see him often. When I get home I'm going to go to the dr to see what it is I hope it's a yeast infection it's really scary when you cant see the dr right away I'm glad I found this page a lot of you put my mind at rest.
Allofyou,itisayeastinfection.Gogetsome.+nistaordiflucanandcalmdown.Aso,sometopicalcreamwillhelpthecuts.
Does it burn when you pee??  
I tend to get small tears in my perineum also- and it's ALWAYS a sign of a yeast infection. I have not had a sexual partner in YEARS- so I know it's not an STD- an dI get checked every year anyhow just  in case...What I want to know is how to PREVENT this from happening over and over. I keep getting these infections once or twice a month. I've given up sugar and I only wear cotton underwear. I do swim but I wash my swimsuit in warm water and chlorine-free bleach. Any ideas ?
You are talking about HPV the human papiloma virus. And the cream is painful. The cream made me get yeast infections and made my vaginal so raw that it peeled the skin. I had literally one layer of thin skin over my clit and it hurt so bad I had to quit in 3 days. The other treatment my doctor said that they burn it out and it hurts.
Hey I just want to share my experience. I have had the 'cuts' on my labia minora (inner labia right around my vaginal opening) for over a year now. At first I freaked out and I got tested for every kind of STD imaginable. All my results were negative and I have in fact never been exposed to any type of Herpes at all. My doctor prescribed fluconazole, which helped with the yeast infection, but the cuts kept coming back. They were very painful at first and would bleed especially when i wiped after peeing. Also the pee would sting. Since I have sensitive skin it just made the situation worse. My doctor gave me the following regimen: wash myself with only water and avoid all soaps and fragrances down there. Wash all my laundry with unscented or gentle detergent such as "free and clear". She also recommended using diaper rash cream on the cuts. This cream really works... I got Sudocrem and it is very soothing and the zinc helps the cuts heal. They do keep recurring but they are not so bad anymore and they no longer bleed. The cuts hurt more and get bigger and more noticable right before my period, so hormones may also play a role (I have taken birth control pills for 6+ years). Recently I got allergy testing done and found out I am allergic to yeast (candida albicans) so the doctor gave me a bunch of guidelines for avoiding foods and drinks with yeast. My next step is to try to cut out sugar, which makes yeast grow. Also I am trying to reduce my alcohol intake... Wine and beer have yeast! And there's sugar in other drinks/mixers! And also I am looking into natural yeast fighting supplements like Caprylic Acid and Pau D'Arco. Look it up! There are other "candida cleanses" available as well. So.. After a year, the cuts still recur, then go away, then recur again, but they are nowhere near as bad as they first were. Also I don't experience really painful itchy severe yeast infections anymore. I advise you all to be tested for candida allergy. And use diaper rash cream on the cuts to soothe and heal them. Also avoid sugar. Best of luck.
i've been having the same problem.. i wish people on this page would realize these 'cuts' are much more like tears. the perineum, the little bit of skin between the vagina and anus, is very delicate. i know certain sex positions can cause too much friction and tear that skin. this happened to me, the next day i was horribly sore and mortified to see what was going on when i realized how bad it hurt to pee... the skin was torn, and an open wound. because it was an open wound, it was prone to infections... such as UTI, BV, and YEAST... which i got all three of.. infections don't cause these little tears, the tears cause the infections. Ive been having trouble getting the area to heal. Sex, and spreading your legs too far apart can tear it open again, causing more risk of infection. i hope this helps..
A question for all of you who told ur story. Are the cuts ur describing more like open sores or actually like a cut that looks like a thin line? i have had a bad yeast infection that went away. then a few weeks to a month later i think i got another one but less severe that i may still have because i have abnormal discharge. i.e. thicker and more excessive. then today i found this sore. freakee out it might be herpes but im hoping its just a yeast infection. i had a urine and blood test done 2 weeks ago today. they usually only call u when u test posituve for something. and no call so far. but still scared. please help!
ok ladys ive had the same issue but i have a clear discharge and im 19 and never had a period and never had sex but the cuts feel like paper cuts and right before they start to clear up they bleed when i whipe as if im spotting and itch really bad it can be caused from not cleaning properly, diffrent soapve the cuts dont has, and too much yeast with in your body when u have sex cause it makes it more painful and u are at big risk of getting a std
I have been getting the same thing for months and finally I got an answer from my gyno! It was from reoccurring yeast infections. Apparently the yeast makes ur skin super susceptible to tearing... Not fun. But dont worry it was the yeast causing the breaking and tearing.
I have the same exact problem and I am so scared. I have literally convinced my self i have herpes. although it looks like a paper cut and doesn't hurt at all unless I wipe. I haven't had it tested but I am planning to make an appointment I am so scared
I also have suffered from these vaginal tears for about 2 years now. When they first started I was a virgin & herpes free (sadly I am herpes positive now as of this past June). However I don't think most of these cases sound like herpes ladies, but its still important to be tested for your health & mind's well being. When I first experienced these tears, I had just switched to a new fancy shaving cream and thought for sure I was just allergic to that. But a few months after throwing the cream out, I got more tears. They seemed to come & go quickly but while they lasted, they were very painful (almost felt like a paper cut to my vagina) and occasionally bleed, and sometimes come with some swelling down there. The cuts usually ran along where my pubic hair ends at the crease by my vulva. I actually just discovered 2 new cuts today. I did have my second, but extremely mild herpes outbreak 3 weeks ago but I treated that with Valtrex & it cleared up within a few days. I don't feel that it's related though. I noticed I had been a little dry down there since I ended my period a few days ago and earlier today before the cuts showed up, noticed the cottage cheese discharge going on with some burning. Everything from the cuts to this type of discharge and type of swelling were not any symptoms I've experienced with either of my outbreaks from Herpes. I just put in my first dose of Monistat tonight because after a lot of research tonight online, 75% of what I've read says I have either a yeast infection of vaginal bacteria outbreak which are both no big deal to treat.
Regardless ladies, I must add that I waited to have sex until I was almost 24 years old. I was very precauteous with using protection and sadly I still ended up with Herpes. HOWEVER, as much as its horrible to have, it doesn't end your life, even your love life, and doesn't make you any less of a person. So even if any of your tests do show up positive just know that I was ready to commit suicide when I found out. I wrote myself off as untouchable. But my wonderful & loving & herpes free boyfriend then told me he loved me & didn't care what I had, he wanted to love me the rest of my life & was willing to take a chance of catching what I have. We are now engaged to get married 09.21.13 and with empowering ourselves with knowledge & using careful protection, he is still herpes free. So no, even though its devastating to find out, you aren't alone & your life doesn't have to end. :)
I don't know if this will calm or help any of you, but my husband and I 'exchange' yeast infections. We both get tiny paper cut fissures (him on his foreskin) from it. We've led a checkered past, and have had every test done numerous times over the past few years and I know with certainty that we are faithful. Basically I'll get a yeast infection then pass it on to him, typically without either of us showing symptoms aside from the tears, then after I've treated mine he will return it to me. The research and our doctor says that its not uncommon for men to get yeast infections, but they are usually asymptomatic, my husband only knows because he has a foreskin. So I use monistat, and my husband uses the external cream in combination with medication from the doctor while abstaining until we are both healed up. It took two years of this and endless research on my end to tell the doctor who verified that this situation isn't the norm, but also not too uncommon. I don't know if this would apply to anyone, but maybe check it out. It's very stressful because its so recurring and painful, but in our case getting my husband treated simultaneously finally put the issue to rest. Hope this helps!
Ladies/Girls
I suffer from recurring yeast infections, it is super annoying and painful.  For those of you with the thin cuts, below pubic line, I get the same thing, EVERY MONTH.  It started about 6 years ago, recurring.  I did not know what it was and did not get treated for it.  Shortly after it started, I was diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes.  Once I went on medication (Metformin, oral med) the recurring yeast infections WERE GONE!  So, my high sugar levels were effecting my vagina, in a bad way.  Now, 6 years later, I am not taking my metformin consistently and the yeast infections are back in full force.  Some of you may want to get a diabetes test, something you should get annually anyway.  After suffering for about 4 months now, I am starting my metformin daily again TOMORROW!
I've had ongoing yeast infections with small cuts sometimes appearing and mid month of my cycle my discharge is slightly white and more than I think there should be. I've seen multiple doctors both my ou friend and I have been tested for all stds twice over the last year. I've had ultrasounds, blood tests, Pap smears everything. I also have very frequent urination with no signs of a bladder infection.  I still have myself mentally convinced its herpes but tests come back negative. What should I do next?