yeast infection help ):

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

yeast infection help ):

i'll try to make this as short as possible. i got my very first yeast infection for the first time this past weekend. monday, i started using monistat 3. after the final medication, the morning after, i used the bathroom and it burned a little, but that was the last of the burning. i was able to finally use the bathroom again without any burning, and there was no clumpy, smelly discharge. i'm also supposed to be ovulating soon, so i do see discharge that looks very normal and very healthy. but, here's the issue. i've gone to the bathroom three times today - first two times were perfectly okay. third time, it burned. i smelled the toilet paper to see if it had a yeasty smell, and at first, it didn't. i had to give it a couple good sniffs to actually notice that there was an underlying scent of yeast. the burning remained after i was all done in the bathroom and has finally faded. my question is, for those familiar with yeast infections or using monistat 3 - do you think that this means my yeast infection is just clearing up? or does that mean it's still there and coming back? the burning wasn't bad at all, it was very light, very mild, but the fact that it was there at all irritated me. i can't tell if it's just my body trying to get back into a healthy balance or if my yeast infection is still there. i have big big plans coming up soon and i can't be fighting a yeast infection. ):
you could still have a yeast infection it might be a good idea to try another round of treatment. all the yeast infections i had, iv never had yeast after treatment when i did it correctly.
I have had a yeast infection for maybe 2 months now and at the beginning I tried a pill which didn't work. What do I do now? I am very scared I might be dying or something. Please help me! :(
If you have had a yeast infection for 2 months, go to the doctor, because obviously you have a more serious yeast infection that needs different medicine, or it could be a yeast infection that reached your bladder, which is not good. You won't die, and I know you won't want to go, but do it because you could have a bladder infection as well, and those can go to the kidneys which is very dangerous.
YOu probably have vaginitis and not a yeast infection which is treated with a medicine called flagyl. It comes in a gel that is inserted into vagina or pill form. Metronidazole I believe is the generic namr. Vaginitis has a fishy smell to it...a yeast infection should not have that fishy smell. If you take a mirror and look the discharge for a yeast infection should look like cottage cheese and is really itchy!. It takes all of 7 days and maybe a couple more to feel normal down there again!!!