yeast infection or UTI? or either?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

yeast infection or UTI? or either?

A week ago after my period I started feeling itchy and burning in the anterior portion of my vagina, in the area of where my Gspot would be, painful during sex. I thought I might be getting a yeast infection, there was no discharge or anything, just intense burning and a small amount of itching on the outer part of my vagina. Then I began feeling the urge to pee constantly when there was little pee at all. So then I thought I might have a UTI also. I went to the doctor and got tested for both yeast infection and UTI, and nothing came up in the results, I basically stumped the doctor. The doctor went ahead and prescribed me medication for the yeast infection to see if it gets better, but why do I have the constant urge to pee, burning when I pee, and nothing comes up on the UTI test? I don't know what to do now, I can't sleep more than 4 hours until I have to get up and pee very little, I can't even run because every time I bounce I feel that tenderness in my bladder (or vagina?) area that feels like I have to pee. Should I go to a different doctor? Or maybe I should be asking to be tested for something else. I can't tell if the problem is in my vagina or in my bladder, or both. Doctor gave me phenazopyridine to ease pain in bladder and urination but it had no effect, doesn't that mean it's not my bladder? I know there are a lot of questions in here but I am so stumped and confused on what's wrong with me, something is not right. I feel like my uterus or bladder or Gspot or whatever is on fire but doctor found nothing.  Any one have advice or answers to any of my questions?
Having the urge to pee is not a symptom of a yeast infection, and I think it's weird that your doctor prescribed you yeast infection medication if there was no yeast present...is he waiting for results from a lab on the culture?  Sounds more like a UTI to me, but wait and see if your symptoms persist and if they do, go back to the doctor, there could be something he is missing.  Or it could be just irritation, and in that case it should go away on its own.
what is a fibroid? Is that serious? My gyno gave me medication for yeast infection because I have some itching present in my vagina, but the burning sensation I can't tell if it's my vaginal wall toward my bladder or my bladder itself.  I thought it was UTI myself but there wasn't anything that showed up on that test either.
If it's just irritation, where might it be? in my bladder?
  I think my doctor is missing something, that's kind of why I am writing. I'm thinking about going to another doctor.
I would go to your GYN. You could have a fibroid that is pressing on bladder which is giving you both problems.
How did they check for your UTI?  You're supposed to get a urine sample, and the longer you wait between urinating, the more accurate the results.  If you have the urge to urinate often, and had just gone to the bathroom, it's possible that the test was not accurate.  Do you have any fever?
yah in my eyes its bladder in fection ,uti, my bestfriend had uti, im pretty sure sumtin u-trapped infection, and she always had pee but not a lot and when peed it burned, and even not peeing it was burning and she said it felt like she cut her self with a razer blade up their cuz it burned so much, and she let sit cuz at first the doc said it wasnt anything, to find out a month later she had to go to the hospital to get it treated, so my advice go to another doctor, cuz sum of them r stupid, example my sister in law had a huge cyst on her overay the size of a orange<sorry for spelling guys just got off and super tired> and they said it was nothing at all,till being rushed on to the hospital.. so go see another docter, its allways good to get a second opion
well I went to another doctor, and figured out it's urethritis. The infection was in my urethra, which he said usually only men get and women don't because our urethras are so short and it usually just travels up to the bladder, but mine stayed in my urethra and it didn't show up in the tests because apparently there just isn't enough room in our short little urethras for so many white blood cells. He put me on antibiotics and it cleared up right away. Seems weird that I couldn't tell if it was my vagina or my bladder, but after the antibiotics I am back to normal. thanks for all your input though everyone. I just had to find another doctor who looked in the right place I guess.
Hey this is a lil embarrasin but i went to the doctor but nothn was wrong. I keep gettn this creamy, cottage cheese like discharge and it kind of smell sour. I bathe, douche, and use norforms but nothn work. Someone help please!
I have an itching feeling on the outer part of my vagina, and I am constantly peeing, but there is no burning sensation, can anyone help me.
ask your doctor to test you for herpes but if you are positive it will only show up when it is active....much better let the doctor that treat you be a GYN
ask your GYN to test you for herpes when you are having symthoms...that is when it will show up if you are positive....
it will burn there because urine is acid..... so buy yourself a squirt bottle and keep it in the bathroom and when you pee squirt the area with warm water that will dilute the urine and help the burning...... also drink lots of cranberry juice...if it is an UTI that will help put the ph ballance back....hope you feel better....I know from experience it's awefull feeling when we have problems down below.....

by all means see your GYN.
I had a bad reaction to scented tampons and now it hurts when I got to the bathroom.  It's really swollen, and when I go it burns really bad.  Idk what to do =/