yeast infection

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

yeast infection

Hello. Im 16 and I cant seem to get rid of this yeast infection. Ive been to the dr sevral times and the first she gave me a cream and a pill and it dudnt seem to help and the cream onlynworked if I used it every day, if I missed oneeee day it drove me nuts. I went back and she gave me more cream. Ive tryed canestan oral, the vaginal pills (3 days) and monostat cream and douched with vinager and water. Didnt help at all. I went back to my dr and she pretty much said" just switch ur underwear to cotton and use unscented soap and if that doesnt help deal with it". I dont know what to do or try now. Any help would be apreciated
Hi, yeast is an imbalance is your natural PH and as the doctor said even your underwear can cause this.
Yeah. Which is kinda retarded. Ive been forever with the same yeast infection.
Don't use douche it messes up your ph. Are you sexually active? Sometimes yeast infection can be a sign of another infection. That is upsetting that she told you to "just deal with it." Might want to try another doctor or a natural doctor --They will find the root of the problem not just the symptom of the problem. There is obviously something else throwing off you ph.
Ive had the yeast infection since before I was sexually active I do believe (was too scared of drs then) and yes ima see if I can go to another dr. I dont know what else to do. Ive tryed changin just to cotton underwear, no scent soap, no bubble baths and no tight jeans likee all summer lol. I only douched because the vinegar and water one isnt thaat bad I guess and is supposed to help.
like before the yeast can be a sign of something else. The yeast naturally lives in you body. If something gets out of whack the the yeast can over grow. Could be a infection, pregnancy, std, or something as simple as stress.  
Ive been tested for stds the first time I went in for my yeast infection.  
Check at Rite Aid and get some natural yeast control. I have the same issue. *****!
What are they called? The yeast controle pills or whatever