Women's Health Community
yellow mucus vagina
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yellow mucus vagina

I was diagnosed with a yeast infection about 6 weeks ago after the GYN showed me a white discharge.  She put me on diflucan. About a week later, I noticed a yellow mucus-like discharge, so repeated the diflucan and then the same again, so repeated the diflucan.  I still had the yellow mucus, so I went in to GYN' partner in my regular office, who ran in office testing for STD's and yeast which all were fine.  I continued to have this pus, so I went back to my normal GYN last week and she was surprised by the thick yellow mucus/pus and ran test for vaginitis which was normal.  She suggested a slide to send out to look further, but found my insurance would not cover the $1500 fee, so we did nothing.  She did burn off a pin head size polyp on my cervix as I had spotted after intercourse. I am 48 and am only allowed a pap every two years, so I am concerned now what this yellow pus means and wondering about it now being 18 months since my last pap? I am scheduled for an ultrasound in 11 days, but every thing I look at about yellow pus without infection, comes up with nothing and this is driving me nuts. The GYN said she would take another look at the pus after my ultrasound.  I had a pelvic MRI six weeks back, when the doctor suspected an urethral diverticulum, but the  MRI was completely normal. I do have a history of interstitital cystitis, but all urine tests are fine. Could this be a sign of cancer or are they any other tests I could ask for to determine what is going on?  I am not running a fever and do not have any pain.  I am deeply grateful for your help.