yellowish green vaginal discharge in treating a yeast infection
I'm 62 years old, and haven't had sex in 5 years or so.  I have serious heart problems and asthma, and take some heavy-duty medications.  Recently, I noticed an itching or burning when I would begin to urinate, but the itching didn't stop for a long time after.  Eventually, the itching and irritation I have known before with yeast infection, stayed.  I got a 7-day, over-the-counter treatment, Gyne-Lotrimin.  The first two days, the pad I wore was stained with a whitish discharge .  On the third day, however, when I wiped after urination, I was upset to see green on the toilet paper.  It was almost clear green.  The next day, the green was gone.  The following day, the green returned as a yellowish-green.  Is this a serious matter?  I have never had an std, or any kind of feminine problems, well, except in menopause during which time I had unusually heavy bleeding.  Otherwise, I've never had bad cramping, and could time my periods almost to the minute.  There is an unusual smell, but I wouldn't describe it was "foul."
Greenish vaginal discharge is mostly symptomatic of trichomoniasis. The characteristic symptom of trichomoniasis infection is a heavy, frothy, yellow-green, fishy-smelling discharge from the vagina. The infection can also cause discomfort during sex, vaginal itching, pain when passing urine and occasionally stomach pains.

Diagnosis can be confirmed only after pelvic examination and swab samples of the discharge and cervix swabs.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.