Women's Health Community
yellowish green vaginal discharge in treating a yeast infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yellowish green vaginal discharge in treating a yeast infection

I'm 62 years old, and haven't had sex in 5 years or so.  I have serious heart problems and asthma, and take some heavy-duty medications.  Recently, I noticed an itching or burning when I would begin to urinate, but the itching didn't stop for a long time after.  Eventually, the itching and irritation I have known before with yeast infection, stayed.  I got a 7-day, over-the-counter treatment, Gyne-Lotrimin.  The first two days, the pad I wore was stained with a whitish discharge .  On the third day, however, when I wiped after urination, I was upset to see green on the toilet paper.  It was almost clear green.  The next day, the green was gone.  The following day, the green returned as a yellowish-green.  Is this a serious matter?  I have never had an std, or any kind of feminine problems, well, except in menopause during which time I had unusually heavy bleeding.  Otherwise, I've never had bad cramping, and could time my periods almost to the minute.  There is an unusual smell, but I wouldn't describe it was "foul."
Tags: vaginal