Women's Social Community
BIRTH CONTROL ???? HELP !!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

BIRTH CONTROL ???? HELP !!

Hi has anyone out there gone on the pill birth control after the age of 40 ?? if yes, how has it been??? any feedback would be greatly appreciated...thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
My family practice doctor wouldn't prescribe birth control pills to me anymore after I turned 40 because he said it increases your risk of blood clots and stroke. But when I talked to a gynocologist, she said that she often prescribes birth control pills to her patients who are over 40 because it can help with symptoms from early menopause. I hestitated to go back on it only because I do have a family history of blood clots. Both my grandmother and my mom had several blood clots.
Talk to your doctor about it and tell him about your family history. If you don't have anything in your family history to worry about and you don't smoke (smoking increases your risks of blood clots) then you should be fine.
Blank
Thank you so much, that helps ...did any of your doctors say anything about increase risk of breast cancer ??? Thanks Again...........
Blank
203342_tn?1328740807
No, they didn't mention breast cancer. My mom insists that's why my cousin got breast cancer in her 40's because she took bcp's for so long. I'm not sure anyone knows for sure.
I'd probably be best to ask your doctor about that. Best wishes.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Social Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...