Women's Social Community
Brown discharge - over 7 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Brown discharge - over 7 days

Hi all, I usually have regular periods and am on a contraceptive pill. I've been on it for at least 3 years and the primary reason was because I had god awful cramps during my period and the pill really helped.
So i finished my period about 17 days ago (a Thursday) and my period was as it normally was. Because my contraceptive active pill starts on Saturday following that Thursday I obviously waited til then to start my next cycle of pills and I made sure I did not miss it nor was I active in between that. I took my active pills for a week from that Saturday, and Sunday I was sexually active with my bf. on the following Tuesday I noticed some brown tinged discharge on my underwear and sown times when I wipe.
It is very light and I only really wear panty liners to not dirty my clothes. I was only really expecting it to stop after a couple days, but it has been goin on for more than 5 days.
If I've been taking my active pill regularly, not missing any and waiting a week after my last period to be sexually active - I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant.
So is there anyone that could tell me what it could possibly be?
A brown discharge could be implantation bleeding.  I understand that you are on the pill, but if not taken at the same time every day and on a regular basis, you are not completely covered.  I would suggest taking a pregnancy test a couple of days before your cycle is due.  This would tell you for sure.