Women's Social Community
Has anyone else been through this?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Has anyone else been through this?

Thought I would see if I could find anyone else who has been through anything similar to what I have gone through in the last month... as I am in need of some support from someone who understands!
I went in on June 3rd for a laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and treat what my doctor and I both were convinced was endometriosis. I thought that everything had gone fine during the surgery (as did my dr), and I went home (outpatient) after I woke from anesthesia. My doctor had removed a mid-sized lesion from my left ovary, and I figured I would be feeling better within days. Boy, was I wrong. I started having severe pain in my abdomen, lightheadedness, fever, and trouble breathing about 2 days after the surgery, but chalked it all up to pain from the laparoscopy and being filled up with CO2. I decided to just deal with it over the weekend, and planned on returning to work the following Monday. Well, to make a long story short, I never made it back to work that day, and was instead rushed in to see my doctor. I then found out that I was bleeding internally(5 cups worth) and that there was 2 tennis ball sized clots, all due to complications from the laparoscopy. I ended up having an emergency laparotomy (they had to do the same incision as a vertical c-section!), and spent several days in the hospital with a drainage tube in my abdomen to get rid of any additional blood that pooled after the surgery. Nearly a month later, I am still having moderate to severe pain in my abdomen, difficulty with deep breathing, and trouble walking, and am very depressed from this whole nightmare. I guess I would like to find someone that understands what I am going through, or someone who can relate, since I really have no female friends to talk to... And I hope that any other people that have gone through similar things can also know that they are not alone!