Women's Social Community
Has anyone else been through this?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Has anyone else been through this?

Thought I would see if I could find anyone else who has been through anything similar to what I have gone through in the last month... as I am in need of some support from someone who understands!
I went in on June 3rd for a laparoscopic surgery to diagnose and treat what my doctor and I both were convinced was endometriosis. I thought that everything had gone fine during the surgery (as did my dr), and I went home (outpatient) after I woke from anesthesia. My doctor had removed a mid-sized lesion from my left ovary, and I figured I would be feeling better within days. Boy, was I wrong. I started having severe pain in my abdomen, lightheadedness, fever, and trouble breathing about 2 days after the surgery, but chalked it all up to pain from the laparoscopy and being filled up with CO2. I decided to just deal with it over the weekend, and planned on returning to work the following Monday. Well, to make a long story short, I never made it back to work that day, and was instead rushed in to see my doctor. I then found out that I was bleeding internally(5 cups worth) and that there was 2 tennis ball sized clots, all due to complications from the laparoscopy. I ended up having an emergency laparotomy (they had to do the same incision as a vertical c-section!), and spent several days in the hospital with a drainage tube in my abdomen to get rid of any additional blood that pooled after the surgery. Nearly a month later, I am still having moderate to severe pain in my abdomen, difficulty with deep breathing, and trouble walking, and am very depressed from this whole nightmare. I guess I would like to find someone that understands what I am going through, or someone who can relate, since I really have no female friends to talk to... And I hope that any other people that have gone through similar things can also know that they are not alone!
My goodness! You poor thing!
I have had laparoscopic surgery twice but not had what you did.
It may be worthwhile posting in one of the other forums to see if anyone has had similar occurrence. Maybe in the women's health forum you might have some success.
  I hope you feel better soon!
hello i've just had laproscopic surgery july 14th 2009 for pain i had for 7months,doctors not knowing what it was.the nurses told me after the surgery that it was endometerosis and adhesions on right abodmain side.I was on my 3rd day of my menstral cycle when i went under and i dont bleed much on this day,but after surgery i was heavy and this lasted for another week after and theni had another week of light bleeding,then a week of nothing,which was good,but as of last thursday august 6th 2009 i began bleeding again and has been heavy since then.period due next tuesday august 11th 2009.I've got this heavy pain on right side of stomach which has been present since surgery. due to see surgeon on tuesday august11th 2009.