Women's Social Community
Have I got tongue piercing infection?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Have I got tongue piercing infection?

I got my tongue pierced about a year and half ago, but I have suddenly got a lot of ulcers in around my mouth and my tongue and gums are swollen and i just wanted to know if that had anything to do with my tongue piercing. my tongue piercing looks pretty normal apart from the fact that my tongue is swollen and the end of it is numb and funny feeling as if i've burnt the to of it. also i have two ulcers under my tongue on the floor of the mouth and its created a raised bump which is quite hard when i touch it with my tongue. But it all started with just a couple of ulcers which just increased. I didnt think much of it as i get ulcers now and then but not as bad as this. its been about a week and 2 days now and its still quite painful. But yeh i would just like to know if its my tongue piercing being infected or if its just a bad case of ulcers?
I think you have a good infection starting and I would see a doctor as soon as possible, it does not sound like anything to wait around and see for.