Women's Social Community
Jury let off the man that sexually assaulted me!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Jury let off the man that sexually assaulted me!!

I don't know if this is a bit strong for this forum, but I thought it would be women who could help me, help me to get over this, or tell me how I can.
6 months ago I was sexually assaulted by a man in a bar. To shorten a long story I will just summarise - a man I did not know, or even spoke to, approached me in a bar and put his hand up my skirt, touching me, rubbing me inappropriately, I moved away from him quickly and in shock but not shouting or screaming for some reason (shock and fear). He continued to follow me around the room and kept doing it. It ended when my fiancé and brother-in-law came back from the bar after getting drinks, and spotted the guy grabbing me bottom (the last thing after lots of grabs of the front area).
I went to the police after and made a statement.
I felt horrible for weeks and felt dirty and ashamed.
It took a long time to start forgetting it.
Well the trial was this last week, bringing back and re-living the horrible memory. So I thought I did ok in court but it turned out the Jury's verdict was 'not-guilty'. I just cannot believe it, I really can't. I am devastated over this, I feel like this is going to lead to depression or something, like when it first happened I turned to wine to help me cope. In the evening I get really down and my thoughts start getting carried away with me saying ''what if..''all the time. And I keep imagining his lies in court and imagining everyone believing him and thinking I was the liar.
In the evenings I feel myself craving wine to lift the sadness.

I'm wondering do I need help. I feel like I'm in the wrong but why I don't know.