Women's Social Community
Premature Ovarian Failure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Premature Ovarian Failure

I am currently 29 years old. I was diagnosed with premature ovarian failure close to two years ago now. Initially, I quit having my menstrual cycle at the age of twenty. My menstrual cycles began to fade and come once, twice, or three times a year when I was fifteen and it continued on like that until I was 20 when I finally quit having them.

I would like to know what I need to do now in order to make sure that I am still as healthy as I can be. What conditions are going to happen/ have already happened since this diagnosis was confirmed?

- premature menopause
- premature osteoperosis

To make matters a bit more difficult, some specialists think I may have Chronic Pancreatis (pancreatitis) and I have no idea what that is or what that means?

I have arthritis in my lower back/ could that be due to the premature ovarian failure?

I am only 29 and don't understand why my health is at this level right now?  I've had a lot of abdominal pains too for years and the doctors/ specialists that I have been seeing have no idea what is causing it?

I get numbness in my hands and feet a lot too, just recently, and don't know what's going on??????

Lily
You should post your questions on the women's health forum (medical community or ask-the-doctor).  These are good questions that you deserve to have an answer to and you might have more luck at those forums.  Good luck!