Women's Social Community
Scar Tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Scar Tissue

Ok I have this question..might seem dumb BUT to clear my mind I need to ask it..... I have been having alot of pain on my right ovary.  I was also almost 2 weeks late with AF. Took hpts neg...went to the doctor, did blood work neg, So my doctor was worried maybe it was an ectopic pregnancy.  So did a transvaginal u/s and that wasn't it.  He said that there was Scar Tissue though on my ovary.  I asked him what that could have been from...he told me that maybe I strain to much while I am having a BM.  (lol sorry for the details)  But I dont have to strain ever...so this is what I am wondering.  I had an abnormal pap come back 4 yrs ago.  They did a biopsy on my cervix...then a D&C.....now, would that have anything to do with Scar tissue on my ovary? I am just confused.  Cause I am also thinking..that its been 4 yrs why all of a sudden.  But I notice when I move alot it hurts more and more.  Even sometimes when I am just siting around.  Idk.  Anyone shed some light on this for me?  Thanks!
NOONE? ANYONE?
From my understanding of adhesions You can't see them with ultrasounds. But they can be painful. Try this technique and good friend recommended to me.

She said that it is as if some of our insides "glue together" and that this releases much of the gluing because of all the blood, thus oxygen, it brings to the area. It seems to break up the adhesions and it worked for me. She intended to teach elderly people because the "gluing" is so bad as we age if we don't treat it. I figured that if it worked for adhesions that formed naturally in our body, it should work for surgical adhesions.

It is truly amazing. I noticed a HUGE difference immediately. When I sat up after the fist time I did this (about a 15 min. session) I could feel a "FLOOD" or a Rush of blood or something! going to that area. After having pain about 40 times an HOUR for over a year and a half after my surgery, my pain decreased to only about 10 times a DAY for a few seconds at a time. I did this procedure again about a week after the first one and that gave me even more relief. I think it was about four months til I had to do it again. Now I do it about once a year, if that. I have been virtually pain free, ,aside from a dull ache now and then, from adhesions since learning this technique.

The idea is you want to get the blood to the bone, not just the muscle....so it floods the tendons and gets lots of oxygen there to start healing and breaking up the adhesions.

**My instructor told me to think of a steak and how the tendon is sort of splotchy with blood where it is attached to the bone...well, you want to get the blood totally to the bone so as to really break things up. Regular massage is not "deep" enough.

The ball I used measures 16 inches. Again, though, I did not get the ball thru the website (Body rolling is a dot com, one word, and you can learn about the woman who developed the technique. Anyway, I got just an ordinary ball in a toy section at Target and it looked similar to the one the instructor had used. The ball I have has a picture of Blues Clues on it! Hey, it works. It probably is bigger than the ones they recommend, but, if you think about it, it is squishy to the point where once all my weight is on it, it probably shrinks down to about ten inches. And, I just put my "front" onto the ball for the pelvic pain and not my back.

-------------------------------------
Here is how I did it...leaning my body wt. into it, literally placing the ball underneath me and "rolling" on it...slowly.

I would lay on the pubic bone and then take about four minutes or so to SLOWLY (while remembering to take deep breaths now and then) work my way out to the right side where the ovary once was on that side. After you get there, go back slowly to the pubic bone...breathe deeply. When you get to the pubic bone again, then go to the other side, following a path, if you will, of where you imagine the falopian tube once was. So, you are rolling in something like a "V" formation. After you get to the left side where the ovary once was, then go back to the pubic bone...and, you are done. But, take about 15 minutes to do the whole procedure.
I had adhesions on my left fallopian tube, ovary, and ligament. They weren't diagnosed until I had laparoscopy done, and they were removed at that time. If your doc suspects that you have adhesions, I would ask that the Dx be confirmed with laparoscopy.

Or try the ball trick...who knows, maybe it works!
To think you spent all that money on doctors, when a $5 ball would have done the same thing!
Wow interesting information that I would have never thought about.  I will def. try it all out. I am just hoping that I will be able to still have children with this issue.  I have 2 children now but I would like to have 2 more at least one with in a year.  We'll shall see!  Thanks again!
I know!! Sheesh, specialists aren't cheap, ya know!!

beautifullychaotic- my adhesions were most likely caused by an ectopic pregnancy that I had in July of 2005. I do think any type of trauma (biopsy, D&C, even the abnormal cells you had) can cause adhesions to develop. But I wouldn't go by what was seen on an u/s. The doctor that discovered my adhesions uses high-powered u/s's (he's a reproductive endocrinologist affiliated with LSU), and he did not see my scar tissue on any of the ultrasounds that he performed. Insist on laparoscopy to confirm the diagnosis. If the doctor you saw doesn't want to do lap, then ask for a referral to one that does. My adhesions kept my from getting pg, but once they were removed, I conceived right away.
my advice to you would be to get a second opnion...I dont think a dr can 100% confirm that what he saw in the untrasound was "scar tissue"....I had pain similiar to what you are describing, and ulimately ended with me in the er after a sudden onset of the most horible pain.  In the ER they discovered I had a cyst on my ovary, and they didnt know what it was or anything, I had to follow up with my dr.  Well, my dr didnt know what it looked like, and the gyno said it could be a number of things(inculding scar tissue, but he couldnt confirm that with ultasound)......it turns out it was cyst that had ruptured and bled into itself..theyt are fairly commen, it was gone in 6 weeks......If I were you I would just ask for a rescan...hope it all works out for you!
Wow! Isnt a lap when they go in your belly button? If so that doesnt seem fun at all! And painful.  Thanks.
Yes, one incision is thru the belly button and then you usually have a couple more down near your bikini line. I had 4 total, but it's not that bad. I also had a cyst that was discovered during lap and that was removed as well.
Oh god....and are you awake for this?  I am such a wimp lol
No!! They knock you out for it...at least, I was knocked out for it and I think that's standard procedure. It's not bad and they'll send you home with pain meds.
Yikes! lol  maybe I will have to bring this up to my doctor.  
Thanks!
I really can't add anything to this post but I wanted to say that I love your name - beautifullychaotic!!!  Very, very cute.  Hope you get pregnant soon, I'm sure you'll make a wonderful mom ;o)

beautifully chaotic - that's the story of my life baby!!!!!!!
haha thanks! Story of mine too!  lol  Thanks for the hope...I have 2 beautiful kids now...but I wanna add at least one more.  I loved being pregnant, giving birth, and raising them.  There is no better job for me than being a mom.  haha  Thanks again!