Women's Social Community
Threatened Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Threatened Miscarriage

Long story, sorry for tmi!
Found out 2 weeks 3 days (wednesday) ago that i was pregnant... 2 days after i found out (friday) i started bleeding dark brownish/blackish blood... Went to the doctors on the Saturday, he told me to just rest! So i did just that... had an ultrasound on the monday, they could only see the sac an yolk, had another blood test, went to the doctors on tuesday, results were back! They had gone from 700 the tuesday before to 2300 so that was a good sign... went back for another blood tesr on the thursday to see if my hcg levels were going up, sure enough they were but they had only gone up by about two hundred... so on the friday morning at my doctors appointment she told me that i'd most likely lose my baby :( anyhow that night we went out for dinner, just after dinner i went to the toilet and lost a massive blood clot so went up to the emergancy department sat there for 7 hours n still had not been seen, ask them how long until i'd be seen as i was bleeding heavier and they said still a few hours so we ended up leaving... Saturday, lost another 7-8 huge blood clots rang the hospital here, in melbourne and in echuca but they all could not get me in without me having to wait hours on end so i ended up just resting until monday morning, went to my doctor he said it sounds like a miscarriage... i already had an appointment for an ultrasound on tuesday so he recommended i still go! Thank god i did as they seen a lil bubba there with a heart beat they said i'm about 5weeks 3 days :) on wednesday i went to my appointment at the hospital to the early pregnancy clinic, where the doctor there told me bubbas heart rate was low... so i was told to continue to rest! And just that i have been doing! I got up this morning (saturday) 6 weeks pregnant, bleeding more and lost another big blood clot :'( i don't have another ultrasound or appointment for another 2 weeks... i am still hoping and praying our baby is okay and is gonna stay with us! Just curious if anyone else has been in this situation and everything been okay?! Sorry for being so long and tmi but just need to let it out as i am over not knowing i just want answers already :'(
Hi sharntelle ,
If I were in your situation I wouldn't wait 2 weeks till your next appointment.  If you continue to have bleeding go to an Emergency department.  Your situation needs careful monitoring until the bleeding stops.