Women's Social Community
What's the difference between Biopolar and Psychopath behavior? wh...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

What's the difference between Biopolar and Psychopath behavior? which is worse? what can be done?

My question and concern, my husband has displayed bipolar depression, upon reading about psychopath, he also has symptoms of that, So now I am confused as to how to help him?  At times he displays psychopath behaviors, other times he is depressed, and do things like visiting relatives without discussing it with me, just up and goes, not letting his job knows, I have sent money to him, so he can come home, he spends the money, and asks for more, I oblige, yet he has not come home yet?  Not understanding this type of behavior. Please advise. Thank you.
He needs to be diagnosed by a psychiatrist.  I am bipolar unfortunately but am no expert on how to help your husband.  I personally feel that you can't enable him by sending $$ that he's obviously mishandling.  Unfortunately while he needs lots of encouragement to seek help, there are some realizations that he has to come to terms with on his own.  I wish I could be more help - good luck!
I have heard of so many cases where a MD will blanket diagnose people with bipolar and I do not agree with that.  I have a sister (the youngest of the three) that was diagnosed with bipolar and I read a book about how to help her and it states that one of the major symptoms of bipolar is gambling and the inability to manage money.  This was not her case at all.  It turned out that she was not bipolar after all.  She was pulling the legs of many people to get medication to basically be a zombie.  MD's and psychiatrists, in my opinion, have misdiagnosed many people with this disease.  Just like ADD in adults who have jobs that they mulitask at and have wayyyy too much on their plate and get frustrated and seek the help for forgetfullness... it's not that they have ADD it is the fact that they have way to much to handle.  
thank you all, still seeking answers about the behavior as one ages, will it lessen? and  what should I do, I am at my winks end, not sure if these people are dangerous? or How dangerous, should I separate from him? he has displayed lack of remorse, or guilt about his actions.  I just cant see how to make a life with someone who does have emotional feelings. He is not a gambler, more of a show off, he likes for others to see him as a "Big Shot" not dealing with reality, Now he hasnt come home still, doesnt return my calls.  I am seriously thinking of getting out of this marriage. I dont see how I can help him, when he continues to act so unfeeling about this situation. And to top it off, I am told from his relative he is set on coming home to me. I really dont want him here, fear of what he may do.  Please advise. Thank you so very much.