Women's Social Community
masterbation

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

masterbation

I am a born again christian and have concerns about my walk with the Lord concerning my struggles with self satisfaction and lustful thoughts.  Maybe I should do a bible study on the topic also.  But, can anyone shed alittle light?
Romans 6:12-14 tells us, "Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin; but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under grace."

Self-control takes effort. If you truly want to stop masturbating, one thing that you should consider doing is to flee from and reject those things that will cause you to stumble, whether it be sexually-themed movies, music, books, videos, anything that fills your mind with images and words that will make you weak and vulnerable.

You can grab a bible concordance and look up everything you can on the subject to get a pretty good idea of what the Bible says about this. Pray about it and try to keep your thoughts pure.
But I want to know if masterbation (masturbation) is a sin??? I have wondered this for ages, anyone have an answer???
Yes, masturbation is indeed sin as it is an immoral practice and this explains why the masturbator generally is ashamed of himself and hides his repugnant act from the sight of others. One can become a slave to his/her fleshly sexual impulses, desires and appetite and make these the object of his/her devotion. “Such men,” the apostle says, “are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own base passions,” “their appetites are their god.” Rom. 16:18; Phil. 3:19.

If we seek to live purely then we need to give up self and mold ourselves after the similitude of Christ Jesus. If we do not, we cannot enter heaven because the Bible says, "Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God." 1 Corinthians 6:10,11.

"Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Corinthians 6:18-20.
I understand that we all have differing opinions on this, and I respect them all.  That being said, I would like to offer my own opinion.  God would not give us toys He did not want us to play with.  What is the difference between being intimate with your husband (allowing him to stimulate you in various ways) and doing it yourself, perhaps WITH him?  I do beleive in God, and I follow what He speaks to my heart.  So, of course, I also do not pass judgement on what others choose to do.  I just wanted to offer a different view on it.  God bless - Blu
I too understand that we all share different opinions about life and religion.  My belief is that God would not have made it possible to masturbate if he did not want us to do it.  I believe that masturbating is a healthy outlet for women.  On the other hand, if you sit and masturbate from the time you wake up until you go to sleep and it interferes with your daily life then there is a problem.  Orgasms release endorphins and boost your mood.  I fully believe in God and turn to him for everything (well, at least I try to) and my God is loving, caring, forgiving, and wants me to have a fulfilling life while I am on this earth.  
Wonderful comment back, I think it is a healthy tension relief for a lot of people. The Bible also says that God forgives all sins, no sin is greater than another. Therefore, just because someone is masturbating, does not mean that they are going to hell. Every human on this earth lives in sin, no one is perfect. I get that we are supposed to try to do the best that we can, and to stop sinning as much as possible, but just being a human makes us constant sinners. We can't stress ourselves so much about religion. We should more so stress ourselves about God, and what he wants in each of our own separate lives. I am not trying to be judgmental though, and I do understand where Tbabi20 is coming from, I just don't think that people should have to be scared through religion, from doing something. But I am completely open minded, and I am not trying to be rude at all! Just wanted to offer an opinion as well.
Hai skippy,
I am Sam, I am also a born again christian teen ,really not having any other bad habits,but struggling
With masterbation (masturbation).please tell me if u have any idea to get rid of that or to stop that,please bcoz I already tried some
Ideas that reading books,hearing music,going outside,not sitting alone,these ideas not working.please help me also,if u have any good idea to stop that.
Sam
Hai Skippy,

This is my mail, ***@****,please feel free to mail me.
Sam