Women's Social Community
novasure

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

novasure

has anyone had novasure procedure done if yes what are your symptoms after
I had it over a year ago.  All I have now is a tiny bit of spotting during what would be my period.  Your results depend on why you are having it done.
i had it done because of irregular heavy periods and severe period pain it bin 3 wks since i had it dn and the period pain isnt any better been back to my gp and they just gave me stronger pain relief im 35 with 3 kids and sterilised maybe hysterectomy wud have bin the better option can u request a hysterectomy or does it have to be the g.p decision
I had novasure done about a year ago, and it didn't work well.  I still had a pretty big period still, which I had a really thick lining.  Anyways 4 months after I had novasure I had a super cervical hysterectomy done.  I requested it and they did it.  Mind you I have had my 2 children and didn't want anymore.  I'm 29 so I am on the younger end of it.  I have everything but my uterus and it was the best thing I could have done for myself.  Don't regret it at all.
I would be concerned about the pain you have since the novasure because I really didn't have any pain except slight cramping that day.  
One problem though you might need to remember is since you had the novasure done, it can make your surgery longer if you have a partial hyster because my surgery lasted an hour longer because my uterus just started crumbling when they were taking it out, due to me having the lining burned before.  I had the band aid surgery so again I didn't have too much pain with that one either.
im going back to see my g.p tomorrow im suffereing pms worse than i ever have before and the pain is still there im hoping he will refer me bk to gyn and i hope the offer me hysterectomy ive had the children i want and the organs are just causing me problems wot do u think
As peek stated SOME females do still have a small period after the novasure, mine was more like a normal persons period, which was alot better then the periods I had all my life, but I also noticed something regarding my moodiness after the novasure, and my husband and mother will both say this.  My PMS got worse.  Doctors will say it won't do this, but I have been doing some reading on the internet, and there are females that their hormones go haywire after the novasure.  It got all better after I had my uterus removed though.  I have great insurance and didn't have to pay anything for my surgeries, but if you have to pay some for your surgery I would personally go the route of getting your uterus removed if your periods are anything like mine were.  My lining was just way to thick.  Now the other thing was after I had my uterus removed I still had a spotty period because of the uterun cells that we left on top of my cervix.  About two months ago I got my cervix froze to get rid of the cells.............IT FINALLY WORKED.  I haven't had a period in two months..... finally!
Some females will tell you that you can't have a period if you had your uterus removed, but that's not true, and I knew up front that I might have a spotty period, because the doc told me about it.  That was because I kept my cervix.  So now I have all the benefits of having hormones still, without the nagging of a stupid period every month.  I wish I would've done it two years ago.
With that said, most women have good outcomes with the novasure, I just am one of the select few that didn't.  You have to talk to your doc regarding what would be right for you.
I personally wouldn't go the route of having a full hysterectomy though because there are issues with having that done if you are young.  It is starting to be said that women that have full hyster's can end up shorting their lives by at least two years.  Also if you are young you also have the chance of sometime later that your vaginal walls can collapse because your cervix supports it.  These are things you just have to think about.  The chances of these happening is small BUT with that said my doctor had a woman whose vagina did collapse so it can happen.
I had the Novasure procedure done a few years ago it did absolutely nothing to slow down my period.  I think they are even heavier now.  Mine was very painful (the procedure) and caused me much pain for about a week afterwards.  It didn't work.