Aa
A
A
Close
3243092 tn?1354709067
office politics and how to deal with it in healthy manner
I do not know if I am in the right forum.If not request the moderators to move me in the right one.

I really need help to deal with the world in office.

Personal life(have been dealing with a bad divorce and am starting to pull myself out of the trauma).
But things are really going starnge in office.
I ted to lose my temper easily when somebody misbehaves.At my new workplace I did get all emotional  and reacted about one person literally trying to bully me(finger poiniting at my mistakes in an unhealthy and repeated manner).Now since I am new to the place,all are ganging up against me eve though its not my fault.They are not showing it directly.Its like they ignore my presence.The spineless manager I have does not appreciate and does not give me good work but only trash.I repeatedly asked him but he has hinted that I do not have the ability to do good work.

I am skeptical of going to the higher management because it will be huge fuss and I may end up resigning.But I need this job now to enhance my skill set.It might be a couple of months befre I am with a different team and project.I sometimes feel frustrated and feel like quitiing job but I feel like a loser then.Personally ,professionallly I feel as if I am being haunted my bad things.
I am tending to lose my self confidence totally.I have staretd feeling is the problem with me.Am I insaneor what. .It was difficult to stand again after the traumatic divorce process and sh** I saw in my personal front.

But am really worried of how long will be able to take my teams sh**.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
13167 tn?1327197724
First off,  you should never lose your temper at work,  ever.  Even if you're going through a difficult divorce.  You "tend to lose your temper easily" - that's a huge,  huge mistake.  Even losing your temper one single time in an office setting can be unrecoverable.

Someone finger pointing at your mistakes should be handled in a way where you listen carefully,  and absolve to do better,  not in a loss of temper.  

Probably you could use some coaching.  

Best wishes.  It sounds like you're going through a horrible time,  but this is a mistake the way you're handling your work environment,  judging from your description of what's going on.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
3243092 tn?1354709067
thanks rose for replrying back.

What kind of coaching are you refering too.

Also I understand I can in no manner lose my temper but how do I ring about an inner change.

I understand it all boils down to me having lost my faith and confidence ,and also because I feel cheated by life in general.All these negative emotions.Yet I know people come out happily even after great pain.I am trying my best to be calm and positive.But it has been tough currently.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Social Community Resources