Women's Social Community
pelvic ache, wierd periods, any ideas?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pelvic ache, wierd periods, any ideas?

40 years old) my periods have changed about 2 years ago,  They got heavy for a few days & then stayed extremely light for weeks. (just there when I'd wipe) one time it lasted an entire month. This past month I've had a dull ache on my left side between my belly button & hip.  when I'm busy I don't notice it but if I'm not It's there. At one point in all this I lost the ability to pee & had to be catheterized for a week & then I learned to cath myself.  My last period I past 2 large clots, one was like an index finger & the other was look like raw liver about the size of a silver dollar.  

Doctor gave me propox.  Doctors don't know if pelvic ache & heavy periods are related--tons of tests ordered.  Blood work, endo biopsy, ultrasound, transvaginal ultrasound, x-ray of spine, pap test & last week a abdominal ct scan with contrast to rule out a hernia & it did--no hernia.  I did get a copy of the ct test & it mentioned a fatty liver intrusion & the person who did the test seen a bicornuate/septated uterus.  no diverticulitis.

I had so much done, should I quit searching,  no horrible reports,  Would any of those tests showed a ovarian cysts? or bladder infection? or cancer? one doctor suggested a gastro doctor.  Should I, try that yet,   The pills propox make me sleep & those quite times is when I don't feel so good.  doctors are always asking about my bowel habits  should I start laxatives, enemas or something?

I have an appointment with the obgyn to talk about getting a hysterectomy.  I know that will cure my period issues.  

any thoughts-- I have so much going on & 5 doctors have checked me.  
I can't believe this is all in my head. but they think the inability to urinate is a mental problem.

Thanks
diane