Women's Social Community
shaving rash on vagina area

This patient support community is for discussions relating to day-to-day issues and topics. Any topic can be discussed in this community.

shaving rash on vagina area

I am a black african female, i have been shaving since i was 14. as i got older i started to get shaving rash and my vagina area started to get dark. I didnt know what it was and was ashamed to talk about it. ive tried to wax, but it only made it worse Now my vagina area is full off ugly shaving bumps and dark area 's. Ive tried bleaching creams and also a few shaving bump stoppers but nothing helped. can u please help me how to get rid of my problem, i am so ashamed?,
thank you
It's a bad thing to shave down there if your African American because the hair is coarse and curly and causes bumps.

When the hair tries to grow out and gets trapped in the skin it causes bumps.

You should try coochie cream to stop the irritation. Try removing the hair in another way..

Hope this helps..
dionne,  it sounds like if you just stop shaving and waxing,  and do a scissor cut to keep the pubic hair clipped short,  but not shaved.  That should cover any skin discoloration and bumps and irritated rash.

After puberty,  women are supposed to have genital hair.  I don't know why suddenly it's fashionable for women to look like pre-pubescent girls,  but shaving isn't healthy and men who want shaved women strike me as . . . questionable.  Groomed is fine,  but shaved like a 6 year old girl doesn't seem necessary.  
you cn use cortizone intense healing thats wat i use but wile using it dnt shave at all wait until it all clears up.hope this works for you.
there is nothing wrong with shaving down there....ive been doing it for what seems like forever and im only 22. In my opinion it makes me feel "cleaner" and guys like it because bc it gives them a better view and makes them feel "closer" to our vags....idk thats what ive been told. Every guy i have been with has been so turned on by it its unbelievable.
God made women and men with pubic hair if causing problems to.shave don't do it I try it one time terrible hair bump I and interracial and the hair is kinky and curly so if IR having problems stop and don't suffer if ur bf had problem oh well