Scheduled family time?
I do everything on demand and child led for my children, but I feel like we might be missing out on more activities that are child based.

I believe there is quantity time and then there is quality time.  Yea, I might be home in the evenings after work and have weekends w/ them… but do my kids really want to be following me around in the grocery store (even w/ miniature carts and pretend car strollers). Is it really quality when I’m taking them out to Burger King and letting them ransack the play gym so that I can eat a large order of onion rings w/o them on my lap?

I believe when I do the “adult things” I have to like collect eggs in the morning, water the horse, and go grocery shopping, the kids should be involved. But what about their schedule? Should I be making special days just for them? I was thinking of starting a day for each of them. EX. Saturday- Go to a stimulating area (art museum, cave, woods/trail…) Sunday- (Get a sitter- Go to dinner with my husband) Monday evening (normal grocery day) Tuesday (Have a family meal outing).

I don’t have rigid schedules for anything, but I don’t think it will hurt and it will help manage where my time is going. I constantly catch myself saying “If I’m not at work, I have the kids pinning me down” (I nurse both) but I don’t really know if that’s where my time goes. They may be there, but am I really giving them the time they need?
These are my thoughts. If you have any suggestions or comments on creating a family schedule, I’d be happy to listen and consider them.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
logigirl i stopped nursing 3 months ... Comment
05/14
logigirl commented on nichole120604's status
12/13
logigirl commented on K_Bmomma's status
12/13