Working Moms Group User Group
Scheduled family time?
About This Group:

a place for working moms to talk about issues without getting guilt trips about having to or choosing to work any working mom is welcome to join!

Founded by tiredbuthappy on September 23, 2009
7 members

Scheduled family time?

I do everything on demand and child led for my children, but I feel like we might be missing out on more activities that are child based.

I believe there is quantity time and then there is quality time.  Yea, I might be home in the evenings after work and have weekends w/ them… but do my kids really want to be following me around in the grocery store (even w/ miniature carts and pretend car strollers). Is it really quality when I’m taking them out to Burger King and letting them ransack the play gym so that I can eat a large order of onion rings w/o them on my lap?

I believe when I do the “adult things” I have to like collect eggs in the morning, water the horse, and go grocery shopping, the kids should be involved. But what about their schedule? Should I be making special days just for them? I was thinking of starting a day for each of them. EX. Saturday- Go to a stimulating area (art museum, cave, woods/trail…) Sunday- (Get a sitter- Go to dinner with my husband) Monday evening (normal grocery day) Tuesday (Have a family meal outing).

I don’t have rigid schedules for anything, but I don’t think it will hurt and it will help manage where my time is going. I constantly catch myself saying “If I’m not at work, I have the kids pinning me down” (I nurse both) but I don’t really know if that’s where my time goes. They may be there, but am I really giving them the time they need?
These are my thoughts. If you have any suggestions or comments on creating a family schedule, I’d be happy to listen and consider them.
logigirl i stopped nursing 3 months ... Comment
May 13
logigirl commented on nichole120604's status
Dec 23
logigirl commented on K_Bmomma's status
Dec 21