1016?1310177321
abortion/termination User Group
Any idea why I'm still testing positive?
About This Group:

if you are considering, have gone through already or want to support someone going through a termination; here is a place you can talk openly about your beliefs, personal experiences and need for support through this controversial procedure. As well its after effects on both men and women pro life or pro choice welcome (no arguments here please.) We are all human beings and everyone needs support the following. thanks, sincerely group owner

Founded by Alex_X_18 on July 8, 2011
16 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Any idea why I'm still testing positive?

Due to medical reasons, five weeks and four days ago I had to have a medical abortion done at five weeks+ pregnant. The abortion was complete, the gestational sac passed and the subsequent ultrasound showed a clear uterus, and the follow up two weeks later also showed nothing abnormal.

Four weeks and two days after the procedure, I got my period and it lasted for about 5 days. Immediately after, at exactly five weeks after the abortion, I took an at home pregnancy test. Imagine how freaked out I was when it came back positive!

Concerned, I went to the hospital to get checked. Again, the ultrasound was clear even though the blood test came back positive for hcg (though I forgot the exact level)

I have been on a low dose bcp since the procedure was done, and my husband never finished inside me. Could I actually be pregnant again, or could the residual hcgs still be present at high enough levels to register positive on tests? Other than slight lightheadedness and fatigue, I have no other pregnancy symptoms.

My husband is away on a business trip until the end of the week, and I'm freaking out all by myself here. Any help or support would be much, much appreciated.

Recent Activity
1415482_tn?1337188613
Blank
Kayannaboo feeling quite blue. Comment
Aug 11
517872_tn?1412101420
Blank
realjimmy commented on photo
Jul 20
Blank
Rosalee22 joined this group
Welcome them!