834?1291925846
bible study group User Group
Which Bible to study?
About This Group:

coming to gether to share things and learn things about the bible. ( god's word)

Founded by favored07 on December 9, 2010
52 members

Which Bible to study?

Dear all

Greetings.  I have always wanted to read The Holy Bible and get to know the Word of God.  However I could never do it since there has been so many versions and I could never choose one.  

Can any of you please tell me which version is most appropriate.

Regards

Phoenix
I know this is old but hope you check on it. Do you attend church? if so use the bible the churc uses, that will make it easier since you will hear those words a lot. My personal favorite is The Message.

I will also say that the Traditional King James version at times can be tough to read, so to start I would suggest just about anything but the King James Version. But after a while I would recommend reading that also.
I like the NIV because it's simpler to read but I also like the NLT and other translations. The King James is prettier to read but can be difficult to understand. I heard the ESV is good, too.  I actually have a few different versions that I like to look up to see the different wording of the scriptures. I also have a bible concordence. I'd like to get an original Hebrew bible, if I can. I'm very interested in that.
hi

agree with Vance 2335 regards using the one you use at church,
also do agree with April2,  that the King James is a bit tricky to read with all the "Thou", the "-est" etc but it is the "word by word" translation of the "old testament" or "Jewish Bible", (Judaism only has the old testament)

not sure if I am allowed to put linkies
you could try (if you are still around, post is quite old)

http://biblehub.com/psalms/23-4.htm

this "biblehub" is a vertisile site but the link will lead you to one verse of the Bible (Psalm 23:4) and you will see this Psalm displayed in many different translations on the left hand side etc
this might give you a better idea
well for me the best version is NIV new international version or the applified version
Des_a_rae commented on mhv's status
Des_a_rae Blah blah, Blah Blah Blah! Comment
Des_a_rae commented on retta483's status