770?1284918172
bipolar and social anxiety and other mental disorders User Group
Ugh! I sleep all the time
About This Group:

Time to heal come chat and make friends lets help each other understand how our minds work, i have been studieing psychology for 10 months now and have learnt to understand how my brain works andd who i am and to be honest its helped me alot and i would like to help everyone who has the same problem i do or any other illness.xxxxxx

Founded by 25andhurt on September 19, 2010
50 members

Ugh! I sleep all the time

The very first time I saw shrink I was been diagnosed with bipolar, anxiety, depression and OCD.  That was about 5 or 6 years ago.  I now see a different psychiatrist (who is AWSOME!) and he says he's on the fence as to whether I'm bipolar or not.  I don't know what would consist of the "or not" but I am still being treated as bipolar.  Most everything I have read about bipolar doesn't really fit.  I don't have manic stages instead my "up stage" is when I'm functioning at what I deem as normally and my "down stage" is sleeping.  I can sleep for a week at a time if I don't take my meds.  It has taken a toll on my life, my marriage and my job.  I take my meds every day but some mornings I just can't make myself get out of bed.  I just feel too tired and all I can focus on is my need to sleep.  I'll sleep for a couple of days, then my husband drags me out of bed and makes me go to work.  I have been this way for as long as I can remember.  Even as a baby my mother had to wake me up to feed me.  Does this mean I was born bipolar?  I have no idea.  Actually, I have no idea if my sleeping problem is bipolar and not something else entirely.  I've had two sleep studies done and I sleep through the night w/no disturbances so it's not sleep deprivation.  Does anyone else have a sleeping problem that's been diagnosed as bipolar?  
I have been diagnosed as bipolar and sleep alot but I think it is a sign of the lows because some days I am wired. But there is bipolor II which is mostly the downs and this could be how you demonstarate them. I have bipolor ii so I get wired but not manic like those who have actual bipolor. Hope this helps a little. Would love to talk more.
i know how it fells, i am sleeping all the time myself, i have bipolar 1 and major depression who has been mostly healed, but i am so tired all the time. this is the exam season at the college where i go, and it's not a good time to be down ... even focusing is getting hard and harder.
Dee1956 commented on sam
Oct 15
melimeli commented on sam
Oct 15
sam
Oct 15 by drifter0213