Ugh! I sleep all the time
The very first time I saw shrink I was been diagnosed with bipolar, anxiety, depression and OCD.  That was about 5 or 6 years ago.  I now see a different psychiatrist (who is AWSOME!) and he says he's on the fence as to whether I'm bipolar or not.  I don't know what would consist of the "or not" but I am still being treated as bipolar.  Most everything I have read about bipolar doesn't really fit.  I don't have manic stages instead my "up stage" is when I'm functioning at what I deem as normally and my "down stage" is sleeping.  I can sleep for a week at a time if I don't take my meds.  It has taken a toll on my life, my marriage and my job.  I take my meds every day but some mornings I just can't make myself get out of bed.  I just feel too tired and all I can focus on is my need to sleep.  I'll sleep for a couple of days, then my husband drags me out of bed and makes me go to work.  I have been this way for as long as I can remember.  Even as a baby my mother had to wake me up to feed me.  Does this mean I was born bipolar?  I have no idea.  Actually, I have no idea if my sleeping problem is bipolar and not something else entirely.  I've had two sleep studies done and I sleep through the night w/no disturbances so it's not sleep deprivation.  Does anyone else have a sleeping problem that's been diagnosed as bipolar?  
I have been diagnosed as bipolar and sleep alot but I think it is a sign of the lows because some days I am wired. But there is bipolor II which is mostly the downs and this could be how you demonstarate them. I have bipolor ii so I get wired but not manic like those who have actual bipolor. Hope this helps a little. Would love to talk more.
i know how it fells, i am sleeping all the time myself, i have bipolar 1 and major depression who has been mostly healed, but i am so tired all the time. this is the exam season at the college where i go, and it's not a good time to be down ... even focusing is getting hard and harder.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Sonyaxo commented on MY cuz
Dec 05
drifter0213 commented on MY cuz
Dec 04
specialmom commented on MY cuz
Nov 30