770?1284918172
bipolar and social anxiety and other mental disorders User Group
Ugh! I sleep all the time
About This Group:

Time to heal come chat and make friends lets help each other understand how our minds work, i have been studieing psychology for 10 months now and have learnt to understand how my brain works andd who i am and to be honest its helped me alot and i would like to help everyone who has the same problem i do or any other illness.xxxxxx

Founded by 25andhurt on September 19, 2010
54 members

Ugh! I sleep all the time

The very first time I saw shrink I was been diagnosed with bipolar, anxiety, depression and OCD.  That was about 5 or 6 years ago.  I now see a different psychiatrist (who is AWSOME!) and he says he's on the fence as to whether I'm bipolar or not.  I don't know what would consist of the "or not" but I am still being treated as bipolar.  Most everything I have read about bipolar doesn't really fit.  I don't have manic stages instead my "up stage" is when I'm functioning at what I deem as normally and my "down stage" is sleeping.  I can sleep for a week at a time if I don't take my meds.  It has taken a toll on my life, my marriage and my job.  I take my meds every day but some mornings I just can't make myself get out of bed.  I just feel too tired and all I can focus on is my need to sleep.  I'll sleep for a couple of days, then my husband drags me out of bed and makes me go to work.  I have been this way for as long as I can remember.  Even as a baby my mother had to wake me up to feed me.  Does this mean I was born bipolar?  I have no idea.  Actually, I have no idea if my sleeping problem is bipolar and not something else entirely.  I've had two sleep studies done and I sleep through the night w/no disturbances so it's not sleep deprivation.  Does anyone else have a sleeping problem that's been diagnosed as bipolar?  
I have been diagnosed as bipolar and sleep alot but I think it is a sign of the lows because some days I am wired. But there is bipolor II which is mostly the downs and this could be how you demonstarate them. I have bipolor ii so I get wired but not manic like those who have actual bipolor. Hope this helps a little. Would love to talk more.
i know how it fells, i am sleeping all the time myself, i have bipolar 1 and major depression who has been mostly healed, but i am so tired all the time. this is the exam season at the college where i go, and it's not a good time to be down ... even focusing is getting hard and harder.
drifter0213 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
Theobaldm1989 commented on advanced niTD
Apr 28
advanced niTD
Apr 25 by drifter0213