A lil confused
Hiya :) im 14wks and 3days pregant and have recently been told that my wee boy has a cystic hygroma ive read infomation on the net etc but still finding the infomation un helpfull i have been for a cvs and results come back clear no signs of down syndrome or turners, im worried on what the issues will be for my son e.g after birth what issues will a cystic hygroma cause *mentally *pyshically and chances of death? its horrible to say those words i would just like more understanding and can they tell with bubs in the womb if its beguien or maligant??? very confused and would appreciate any infomation about this thank you
Hi MelodiousFox,

I am an adult with a Lymphatic Malformation(LM), the newer term for this condition. Depending on where the LM is located, it may compromise a person's airway or cause other complications that can possibly be life-threatening, although the average LM will not kill anyone. No true LM is considered malignant, nor will it ever become malignant. A child with a LM may go through multiple treatments(surgery, scelotherapy/injections, etc.), but they can live a life that is close to normal. If you want more information and are on facebook, look up the page lymphatic malformation awareness, which has lots of good information about what LMs are, treatment options, and helpful links. Take care.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
asigun joined this group
Welcome them!
08/12
Whereto is now contemplating a pote... Comment
07/12
misweetie004 joined this group
Welcome them!
02/12