cystic hygroma in pregnancy User Group
A lil confused
About This Group:

This group is for womem who are pregnant and have been told that their baby has a cystic hygroma. Share your story, show support for others and discuss your concerns.

Founded by Jodee2010 on January 16, 2011
8 members
Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank

A lil confused

Hiya :) im 14wks and 3days pregant and have recently been told that my wee boy has a cystic hygroma ive read infomation on the net etc but still finding the infomation un helpfull i have been for a cvs and results come back clear no signs of down syndrome or turners, im worried on what the issues will be for my son e.g after birth what issues will a cystic hygroma cause *mentally *pyshically and chances of death? its horrible to say those words i would just like more understanding and can they tell with bubs in the womb if its beguien or maligant??? very confused and would appreciate any infomation about this thank you
1 Comment
Blank
Hi MelodiousFox,

I am an adult with a Lymphatic Malformation(LM), the newer term for this condition. Depending on where the LM is located, it may compromise a person's airway or cause other complications that can possibly be life-threatening, although the average LM will not kill anyone. No true LM is considered malignant, nor will it ever become malignant. A child with a LM may go through multiple treatments(surgery, scelotherapy/injections, etc.), but they can live a life that is close to normal. If you want more information and are on facebook, look up the page lymphatic malformation awareness, which has lots of good information about what LMs are, treatment options, and helpful links. Take care.
Blank
Recent Activity
Blank
asigun joined this group
Welcome them!
08/12
Blank
Whereto is now contemplating a pote... Comment
07/12
Blank
misweetie004 joined this group
Welcome them!