563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Abcsess under nipple
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
246 members

Abcsess under nipple

This is quite weird..I have a nodule (not big) half under my nipple and half out..I think it will be an abscess soon..have you ever had that? I wonder how it will drain by itself....I mean on what part of the skin....
Thanks!
Veronica
Hi Veronica, my mass ventured under my areola in the beginning. It (the mass) started at the bottom of my breast and eventually grew and went under my areola.  In the middle of the night my daughter swung her hand and hit my breast.  It started to fill with puss over the next day or two.  Because the puss was kind of all over, I was put under anesthesia to have a small surgery incision and drainage.  He made an incision on the side/edge of my areola.  After it closed up and healed you couldn't see the scar, it totally blended in.  Now the mass is back in the area again and this morning some drainage started leaking from that old scar.  Hope everything is okay!  
Thanks! Thank you! I have the same! it goes to the bottom of my breast, but apparently it is not just 1 mass..are 3 or 4 nodules together. I think that a similar procedure to yours should be performed at some point, because the mass is not big, but is not an abscess yet, and when that happens they double the mass size...at least in my body!
Thanks again!

Sar024 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 19
Lopine808 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 17
Song4033 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14