563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Any anti- inflammatory meal ideas?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
229 members

Any anti- inflammatory meal ideas?

Hi! So I've done a lot of juicing and have changed my diet somewhat, and have been reading about anti-inflammatory foods. I learned that the paleo diet excludes many of these foods, but am not sure because of all the red meat. I'm all out of ideas, hungry, and breastfeeding. For those of you that have found some relief by changing your diet, what do your typical meals look like ( breakfast, lunch, dinner)? Any good recipes? I really don't want the steroids and believe in the power of healing foods. Please help. TIA!
Tags: anti inflammatory, healing foods
I've learned to change my diet as well.  It's tough, I often relapse.  I have to plan my meals out for the week in order to be effective.  I follow a paleo diet, which is basically if you can hunt it, catch it, gather it, or pick it, you can eat it.  I just try not to eat too much meat and try to limit my beef to once a week if necessary at all.  If you want to stay away from meat period, you can still follow paleo, just might be a little limited.  So basically, I eat fresh fruits, fresh vegetables, nuts, meats (mostly organic chicken and wild caught fish (stay away from farm raised)

For breakfast I eat fruit and/or make a milk shake.  Since I cut out dairy, I use a sugar free, preservative free coconut milk (in a can or frozen). I add ice and whatever fresh or frozen (without sugar) fruits.  I often do bananas, strawberry, frozen berries.  Then you can also look into adding a spoonful of Almond butter, spinach, flax seed, chia seed, etc.

For breakfast I also make these muffins because I am always on the go in the morning, taking my kids to school.  I need something I can just grab and go.  These are "paleo" muffins and can be made with blueberries instead of apples as well.

Apple Cinnamon Muffins

2 cups almond flour
3 eggs (organic/free range is best)
1/4 cup raw honey
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 large apple, peeled, cored, chopped

Directions:
Mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately.  Then mix all ingredients together.  Fill muffin tins (with paper lining) til 3/4 full.  Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until an inserted knife comes out clean.
For lunch, I usually eat salad with some baked organic chicken or wild caught fish (stay away from farm raised).  On my salad I use hydroponic lettuce, avocado, carrots, cucumbers, etc.  In order to avoid dressing due to the sugar content of dressing, I shred up an apple and squeeze lemon juice over it.

For dinner, I normally make stir fry (with organic chicken and lots of veggies and a vegetarian stir fry sauce), or it's a good idea to eat curry at least once a week (turmeric, found in curry is good for inflammation).  Lastnight I made a vegetarian spaghetti.  I made my own spaghetti sauce, added mushrooms, zucchini, red/yellow/orange peppers, onions, kale a spinach.  And I baked and shredded up a spaghetti squash and used it in place of the noodles.  It was very very delicious.

I'm following a PALEO diet, which does allow meat, but I try to only eat chicken and fish at the most.  I limit my beef to maybe once a week if necessary.  If you go with beef just be sure its grass fed.  Chicken = free range  and Fish = wild caught.  I do not eat Wheat, Sugar, Dairy, Grains or Beans.  I'm also taking turmeric capsules.  So far, I feel like my mass is getting smaller.

If you want to message me on this forum, then we can exchange email addresses.. I'll send you more recipes.  Otherwise, please take care of yourself, congratulations on your new bundle of joy and hang in there, before we know it we'll be back to normal!
Heathercmck joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 02
ummtalha joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
87CareBear joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 19