563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Are you losing weight?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
289 members

Are you losing weight?

I've changed my diet, I'm following the paleo diet.  But since I've started with GM, up til today.. I've lost quite a bit of weight.  In 6 months I've lost 23 pounds. Has anyone else experienced quite a bit of weight loss?  I'm hoping the weight loss is due to my new diet plan and not the cause of some other underlying health issue.  

I finally saw a rheumatologist and he's doing blood, urine and X-rays to see if I have any other health issues as a part of the bigger picture.  I'm praying that GM is all there is.  
There is a post (past) of one of the girls asking same question.
Take care!
Thanks Veronica, I'll go check for it.  It's been a while since I've read past posts.  How are you doing weight wise?
Hi!
I am doing well! not sure about weight; I am not under any diet; I am very thin person and I cannot put myself on diets.
I have lost 5 pounds in the last year, but I think it is because I am stressed; getting divorced, a 4years old toddler boy, house and GM sometimes drives me crazy.

My period is about to start so I have some nodules showing up, no abscesses yet, but I do have some joint pains (knees and GM arm and armpit - I have some lymph nodes but because of the inflammation) that apparently are related to GM (as per older posts). These joint pains started about 6 months after Gm appeared and then with some natural medication they went away...I believe this time (after 2 months without abscesses) my joint pains are because of the type of nodules my breast has..I mean, depending if nodules are middle size or big, I have joint pains. Let's see!
On the other hand, I am going to start taking some Aloe Vera and Tumeric (I just don't like it at all) once a day.
I have been off medications since Dec, and I am glad for that decision.
Surgery is not an option for my Doctors (they don't want to touch my breast) and they are doing MR every 6 months to see how it goes; as per my Doctor's last appointment my breast is doing better; it is softer and looks like the other one (it got smaller than the healthy one..like smaller)..I still have some nodules, one of them is a "deep" one, 2 under my nipple and the others are superficial.
Take care!
Smiles4TheSoul joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 21
Sush560 It's gone with homeopathy! Comment
Mar 10
Sush560 commented on Sush560's status
Mar 10