563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Clay - the straight goods, please
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
290 members

Clay - the straight goods, please

Hi everyone,
Please tell me all about this clay.  I have been looking for a post just about this clay that many of you speak of and couldn't find it.  I thought that typing "clay" into the search window would yield some results, but it didn't.  
I know there is information on this treatment scattered throughout the forum in various posts, but I couldn't find the one post that tells me what I would like to know.
What kind of clay is it?
Where do I get it?
How do I use it?
How often?
What can I expect?
Is there anything else I need to know?  
Has anyone had adverse effects from the clay?  

Thanks for any responses to this!  

It is called Bentonite Clay.  I am using the Aztec kind, which I bought at Whole Foods Market.

I honestly have no idea if it helps or not.  I feel better when I first put it on because it is cold.  I have had no adverse effects from it.  I am doing so many things it is hard to isolate that cause of my improvement.  And as far as I have found, there is no real hard scientific research behind this.  On the other hand, it seems pretty harmless to me, so I gave it a shot.  

I use it at night.  I put on the clay, place a gauze pad over it, and then put on a sports bra before I go to bed.  I think it is helping, but who knows. Definitely not hurting. :)  
Yes - Calcium bentonite.  I get it from www.specialclay.com.  I believe it did cure me (after the drugs kind of worked but then stopped working).  The description by lisasf is basically how I put it on, except I smear, dump, whatever, a handful of the clay onto the gauze, then press that mass against the breast.  It forms a kind of pancake against the breast about 1/2 inch thick.
When I first started using it I had a hard mass and one cyst still oozing a bit.  I used to change the clay about 3 or 4 times a day.  I always wore it.  Eventually the oozing stopped.  After months the mass began to disappear.
At some point I wore it only part of the day and at night.  Now I wear it only at night.  My doctors were amazed.  I am off the drugs, no pain, no new cysts.  On my other computer I have a file where I gathered all my posting about the clay.  I will try and remember to send it to you.
But one way to reach many of the clay posts is this: type into Google the following:
clay site:http://www.medhelp.org/posts/granulomatous-mastitis/

You will get many of the postings. Good luck!  I wish everybody in this group would give this a try.  I was desperate.  The reason I stuck with the clay (kind of a nutty thing to do) was that I noticed that as long as the clay was against my breast, the pain was very much reduced.  And for me that was everything.
Lumpy83 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 26
LiliaMC commented on Natastron's status
Jun 20
LiliaMC is devastated by last night... Comment
May 25