563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Do your abcsesses itch?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
293 members

Do your abcsesses itch?

Sometimes, my skin turns red and itches before it drains or before Doctor drains it...annoying!

Mine itches when it's starting to heal, yes it is so annoying!  I have never let an abscess drain on its own.  Veronica, how many abscesses have you had? So far I've had 5 incised & drained.  I see another one wanting to forming but I think I'm going to use the clay on it, so far I've tried the clay twice and only for 10-20 minutes.  I just don't want them to burst open.  Maybe yours itches before it opens cause the skin is dry and cracking?
I have had 5 and 1 is about to drain by itself...I do have a question...if I touch my breast I can feel the nodes..and I know that they will all become abcesses at some point... I can feel like 4 nodes left in my breast, that means I will have 4 new abcsesses in the near future...usually they become abcsesses during my period...do you have the same?
Thanks!
To be honest I don't have nodes, I just have one hard mass and I believe it's all connected.  I do keep hearing that people have nodes, nodules, lumps, but I don't have those.  It's still just one big mass for me.  I'm due to get my menstrual cycle in the next few days so I'd like to see what happens.
My breast gets itchy when an abscess is growing. I have had one big abscess drained 3 times. (15 ccs of pus the first time, 10 ccs of bloody sludge the second time, and 5 ccs of bloody sludge the third. This was over 2 weeks. I am developing a new lump about 2 cm from the original mass. This lump started out pink and small. Now it is red and looks like an extra nipple. The itchiness comes and goes, as does the pain.
looks like an extra nipple...you made me laugh!But it is true it looks like an extra nipple!
This is the first time I got my period and had no abscesses, but I still have little nodules that I assure they will be extra nipples at some point...pain and itchiness still there.
Thanks a lot to both of you!
Talk to you soon!
Veronica
Romo1113 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14
Amy_2016 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 08
jemao joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 17