563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Foods that reduce inflammation & cause inflammation
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
246 members

8953309?1363922054

This article lists foods to reduce inflammation and which foods promote inflammation.

http://www.augerchiro.com/files/Inflammatory_Foods.pdf

I attached another chart I found. Hopefully, it attached.

ooooooh!  Thank you for sharing!  I need to keep this on my phone for reference.
For the past 2 weeks I have been following an anti inflammatory diet.  I was eating granola with coconut and chia seeds with a tiny bit of milk (hormone free) and fresh fruits for breakfast.

Then for lunch I would eat salad with a piece of baked chicken.  I would eat the same for dinner too.  I bought some organic free range chicken tenders, seasoned it then baked it and used that throughout the week. My salad consisted of organic Romaine lettuce, organic baby spinach, organic kale and organic cilantro.  And I was just using a dressing that's low in sugar.

I also started juicing.  This morning I drank carrot with apple, pineapple, orange, and added turmeric.  I don't juice everyday but I have done it several times.  It's alot of work to clean the juicer every time I need to use it, lots of dishes!

I have noticed that I don't have as much pain in my breast as I used to.  And normally when I'm getting another abscess it gets painful.  Well I do have another abscess that formed and the pain has been minimal.  Today I didn't want to eat salad for lunch so I had wheat bread with hummus and avocado and after lunch I've been feeling a small amount of shooting pains.  I'm assuming it was the bread!  So those foods that cause inflammation, well they really do, I believe.  

I've been thinking about trying quinoa, just need to find some recipes first.  But just thought I'd share that I really thinking changing diet helps a great deal.
Sar024 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 19
Lopine808 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 17
Song4033 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 14