563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Granulomatous mastitis
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
258 members

Granulomatous mastitis

I was diagnosed with Granulomatous mastitis in October 2012 through Biopsy test. Oncology surgeon has put me on steroids - wysolone 10 mg for 45 days.  There is ONLY pus collection and no bacteria in the culture report. I had taken it for 10 days, the abscess or pus started coming out.  Doctor advised I had to go under surgery to remove the pus - lumpectomy. Surgery was done 27th October 2012 and I was on antibiotics and steroids for 7 days.  Complete stitches were remove by 15th November. On 20th November, I could make out pus started from one of the stitches point.  Doctor pressed and tried to remove the pus, finally blood started coming. He had advised to come to checkup on 26th November. in this period 2-3 days, little pus with blood was coming out...then last 2 days it stopped. I could feel the swelling in the upper layer of the breast.  When I met the doctor, he asked me to get the scanning done, aspiration was done to remove the pus which was around 5 ml....that pus was sent to lab.  Lab report came saying no TB cells are present. But again it's a PUS and then he put me on steroids for 30 days.  After 30 days, the hardness area become soft with pus collection. He drained out the pus just by pressing and couldn't completely, every alternate day I used to go for dressing and pus was collecting and coming......again got the  hardness again in 2 places now.  Doctor is asking me to go for surgery again.... Please advise.  I'm really tensed and scared of this.. and he is not sure that this will not reoccur again.

Thank you so much...waiting for your response
Tags: Doctor
JustineIGM commented on Granulomatous Mastiti...
Dec 12
ayiyi joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 08
Annaamiri joined this group
Welcome them!
Dec 04