Granulomatous mastitis
I was diagnosed with Granulomatous mastitis in October 2012 through Biopsy test. Oncology surgeon has put me on steroids - wysolone 10 mg for 45 days.  There is ONLY pus collection and no bacteria in the culture report. I had taken it for 10 days, the abscess or pus started coming out.  Doctor advised I had to go under surgery to remove the pus - lumpectomy. Surgery was done 27th October 2012 and I was on antibiotics and steroids for 7 days.  Complete stitches were remove by 15th November. On 20th November, I could make out pus started from one of the stitches point.  Doctor pressed and tried to remove the pus, finally blood started coming. He had advised to come to checkup on 26th November. in this period 2-3 days, little pus with blood was coming out...then last 2 days it stopped. I could feel the swelling in the upper layer of the breast.  When I met the doctor, he asked me to get the scanning done, aspiration was done to remove the pus which was around 5 ml....that pus was sent to lab.  Lab report came saying no TB cells are present. But again it's a PUS and then he put me on steroids for 30 days.  After 30 days, the hardness area become soft with pus collection. He drained out the pus just by pressing and couldn't completely, every alternate day I used to go for dressing and pus was collecting and coming......again got the  hardness again in 2 places now.  Doctor is asking me to go for surgery again.... Please advise.  I'm really tensed and scared of this.. and he is not sure that this will not reoccur again.

Thank you so much...waiting for your response
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
jemao joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 17
jemao joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 16
Lumpy83 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 26