563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
How do you care for a ruptured abscess?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
242 members

How do you care for a ruptured abscess?

I just had an abscess burst this morning. What do I do now? How to I take care of it? I squeezed all the remaining blood I could. What is happens next? Please help!!!

I cleaned mine with a wound cleanser and placed a sheer strips bandage to prevent the wound from sticking to my bra.  I prefer to use Band-Aid with quiltvent technology since it does not stick to the wound.  Also, I try to keep it dry so the openning will heal faster.  
Sorry this is late. I used a syringe (without a needle of course) to rinse it with water.  Lightly dry with clean tissue. Squeeze a large amount of neosporon or generic version onto large sterile bandage, and lay it over wound. Add another bandage to prtect clothing and lift your bra gently over to hold in place.  In the future, ask doc to prescribe lidocaine jelly, so that you are prepared in case you get a painful one, just in case. Save it for when you need it.  Clean wound twice a day.  I might also suggest keeping prescription pain killers handy, but don't use unless you need it to avoid addiction. I had a very painful episode the night after thanksgiving when all the docs were on vacation and I would have had to pay off hours fee at a clinic.  I was almost out of Percocet, and had a super painful weekend!
Lopine808 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 30
Dinaxxxx joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 03
c_mo joined this group
Welcome them!
Jun 28