563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Just diagnosed and just pregnant!
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
229 members

Just diagnosed and just pregnant!

Hello -

It has been a whirlwind for me for the past 6 months.  In June - I went to OB/GYN for breast discharge. He sent me to breast center - they found a cyst - did a core biopsy at the end of July - it was benign and showed duct ectasia.  Fast forward to Sept. - the same breast - swelled up at biopsy site - and hurt like hell.  Back to OB/GYN - he called the swelling a mass.  Was referred back to Breast Center - which called it "debris" - and I insisted on being referred to breast specialist - I was in agony.  He prescribed strong antibiotic and it calmed down - over the course of 3 weeks it shrunk from softball sized to golf ball sized.  As the lump still remained and my insurance balked at an MRI - he did excisional biopsy - finding granulomatous mastitis.  As they were doing the needle localization - it was diagnosed by the radiologist (different one than I first saw) - the biopsy just confirmed.  Causing great interest and excitement in all departments - I am told I am a "teaching" case - as no one had seen it before.  Fantastic.

Now the fun begins - I am trying desperately to get into a Rhumy - but the wait for anyone in this area with over a year's experience is 8 months. And, as an added piece of excitement - we just found out I am pregnant - an unexpected blessing - and a little nerve wracking - with so much up in the air with GM.  Has anyone gone through pregnancy with GM?   Any experiences you could share would be appreciated.  It is so hard to find info about this.  Thank you much.
Tags: Pregnancy, Granulamatous mastitis
Hi! First of all congrats!
Not sure how Gm and pregnancy go together, maybe someone else here can help you..but it is interesing it he duct ectasia and the GM you mentioned...my Doctors think that I have both going on at the same time, and that the Duct Ecatsia brought the GM...I have a syst as well right now..but in my case antibiotics didn't work, I mean, I still have the mass.

Hope someone can help you with your doubts!
hi.....i am the one who is surprisingly having the 2 more additional qualities....as this is my second auto immune desease n i started it with pregnancy.....now i `ve 45 days old healthy child..and like a roller coaster ride i`ve been through antibiotic courses...incission n drainage n last but not the least biopsy which at last gv the diagnosis of IGM......~~...they will gonna put me now  on cortisone steroid....!....
sorry......the comment i posted above is for u.....!
Hello...
A long time ago in this group someone posted her story and said that she had GM, which cleared up and completely went away when she became pregnant. I can't remember who it was, or how long ago it was. Maybe searching through some of the old posts would help you.
Jennifer
one way to search this user group is to google the concept you want, followed by
site:http://www.medhelp.org/posts/granulomatous-mastitis/

so try pregnancy site:http://www.medhelp.org/posts/granulomatous-mastitis/
and then try
pregnant site:http://www.medhelp.org/posts/granulomatous-mastitis/
Heathercmck joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 02
ummtalha joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 26
87CareBear joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 19