563?1263745088
granulomatous mastitis User Group
Lump under areola?
About This Group:

This group is intended as a meeting place and forum for those who have been diagnosed with granulomatous mastitis ('GM') or idiopathic granulomatous mastitis ('IGM'). I think one of the greatest challenges with this disease is its rarity and the associated lack of understanding in the medical community. But we can share here - and hopefully make the healing process a little easier for each other.

Founded by JoJo45 on January 17, 2010
255 members

Lump under areola?

Hey all, just want to know if anyone has developed a lump under your areola?  I have, it's a small mass but its sensitive to touch.   If anyone can relate, please share.  

I really wish I had doctors here that's seen this before and knows the disease and its stages.  It's the unknown that worries me.

I hope everyone is doing well.  Any new people recovered? I've developed 2 new masses/red spots.  I can't wait for this all to be over!!!  Take care everyone,   Jamie
Hi!
Yes I had 1 already abscessed, and now I  have 2 little ones under my areola.
I had GM in 2009 and 2010, was treated with prednisone and methotrexate for a year which started my recovery and I finished off the cure by wearing poultices made with calcium bentonite clay. I still get mastitis-like lumps under both the areola of the diseased breast as well as of the well breast.  They are slightly swollen and tender.  I simply make a poultice by smearing the clay onto a gauze pad, forming sort of a ball, and place it against the nipple, pressing down so the breast has a normal shape, and putting the jogging bra over that (wear the bra first, it's easier).  I wear it day and night, changing the poultice about every 6-8 hours.  It can take about a week for the lump to go away but it eventually shrinks to nothing.  I believe it might go away on its own, but it my case it would take about a half a year to go away, instead of about a week.
87girl joined this group
Welcome them!
Nov 09
raybirds joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 16
samaz joined this group
Welcome them!
Oct 13