Lump under areola?
Hey all, just want to know if anyone has developed a lump under your areola?  I have, it's a small mass but its sensitive to touch.   If anyone can relate, please share.  

I really wish I had doctors here that's seen this before and knows the disease and its stages.  It's the unknown that worries me.

I hope everyone is doing well.  Any new people recovered? I've developed 2 new masses/red spots.  I can't wait for this all to be over!!!  Take care everyone,   Jamie
Hi!
Yes I had 1 already abscessed, and now I  have 2 little ones under my areola.
I had GM in 2009 and 2010, was treated with prednisone and methotrexate for a year which started my recovery and I finished off the cure by wearing poultices made with calcium bentonite clay. I still get mastitis-like lumps under both the areola of the diseased breast as well as of the well breast.  They are slightly swollen and tender.  I simply make a poultice by smearing the clay onto a gauze pad, forming sort of a ball, and place it against the nipple, pressing down so the breast has a normal shape, and putting the jogging bra over that (wear the bra first, it's easier).  I wear it day and night, changing the poultice about every 6-8 hours.  It can take about a week for the lump to go away but it eventually shrinks to nothing.  I believe it might go away on its own, but it my case it would take about a half a year to go away, instead of about a week.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
LiliaMC is devastated by last night... Comment
May 25
LiliaMC commented on Clifford47's status
May 24
Smiles4TheSoul joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 21