Mastectomy and Insurance
Has anyone who has chosen the route of mastectomy for GM had any issues with insurance covering this procedure?  I was waiting for a call for a surgery date and instead got a call that because it isn't cancer insurance is fighting covering it.  The Doc has sent a letter but said it could be 4-6 weeks before we know anything.
That is soooo rediculous!  I was in the process of planning/scheduling my mastectomy when I suddenly recovered.  My insurance did approve it with no problems, real quick, which I was surprised about as I have United and they really stink at times!  Just fight it, mastectomy is a medically documented treatment.  And know this, if the insurance approves the procedure they HAVE TO cover the reconstruction and anything that goes along with it, such as mastecomy bras.  Keep up hope and don't get pushed around by them.
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
LiliaMC is devastated by last night... Comment
May 25
LiliaMC commented on Clifford47's status
May 24
Smiles4TheSoul joined this group
Welcome them!
Mar 21